36th Overall - Thatcher Demko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hate to disagree with Tiranis, but I like this pick. Good pedigree, was already playing in college last year, and when you have multiple picks in rounds, I think you can afford to gamble a bit more. Schneider took years to develop from the draft to the NHL, so planning ahead is a good strategy when dealing with goalies.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Wow, you guys are set at G for years and years. A little bit too high in my opinion, but if you guys really wanted him its good you snatched him up now.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Out of the goalies I would have not taken him, questionable mentality, they had to get one though.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
See, this is where the whole draft thing gets subjective. I know several people will dislike this pick but I like it, whereas some people liked the McCann pick and I hated it.

Demko is the best goalie in the draft and as we all know, this organization's goalie depth went downhill fast. We've got some promising ones, but we needed another blue chipper.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Not a big fan, I was hoping a D-man would be snatched at that spot. Our G depth looks poor right now, however, so it's not that bad.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Drafting goalies with high picks is IMO bad management and organizational strategy, and not understanding player value and trade markets in today's NHL.

Hate the pick.

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
Don't like drafting goalies, not a fan of this pick. First move of the weekend I don't like.

That said, I know absolutely nothing about the player.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040 22s

RT: @Botchford Demko likely needs surgery on both hips. There's an imperfection in his hip joint. Becoming rather common for goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad