Prospect Info: #36 - Shai Buium

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Massive upside, but a huge gamble. He’s probably going to paired up with Tuimisto this fall.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Big, left-shooting d-man. Sounds familiar..

Really wonder why they felt the need to trade up here?

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Shy Boom

A Wallinder - Buium pairing is intimidating name-wise

Reactions: golffuul

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Buium led Sioux City in playoff scoring, 3 points in 4 games. Teammate Chase Bradley had 1 point in 3 games.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Please don’t be a theme draft

Is drafting talented, big defensemen a bad thing? I'd love the Bash Brothers on defense, that would be awesome.

Which of these big boys on D has a rocket shot? He's our Fulton Reed.
Seider can be Dean Portman.

And Otto Kivenmaki or Kirill Tyutyayev can come over and be the little guy like Kenny Wu

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
Is drafting talented, big defensemen a bad thing? I'd love the Bash Brothers on defense, that would be awesome.

Which of these big boys on D has a rocket shot? He's our Fulton Reed.
Seider can be Dean Portman.

And Otto Kivenmaki or Kirill Tyutyayev can come over and be the little guy like Kenny Wu
I’m totally fine with what we’ve drafted for the record so I’m not complaining per se but I’m just hoping we’re going to take some fliers on some other positions of need too

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Not sure why we had to trade up again. I'm sure Stevie has a plan but man it seems a little unnecessary to offload five(?) picks this draft. Is Stevie just all about making statements?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
I’m totally fine with what we’ve drafted for the record so I’m not complaining per se but I’m just hoping we’re going to take some fliers on some other positions of need too

And I'm sure they will. I'm wagering that Yzerman and his scouts didn't particularly care for the crop of forwards in this draft (or cared about the defensemen available at the time of picks more). And like what one of the posts here just said... everyone knows it's a crapshoot this year, so having less picks and getting a guy you're dead sure about is better than a bunch of scattershots.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Not sure why we had to trade up again. I'm sure Stevie has a plan but man it seems a little unnecessary to offload five(?) picks this draft. Is Stevie just all about making statements?

We had 12 coming in. We will end up selecting about the number of players that we would have if we didn't make any trades of players at all.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Buium-Power

BOOM! (Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini approved)

I like that we're getting all these players with cool nicknames too.

Sea Bass, Jake (from State Farm), Ned/Flanders, Boom-Boom/Boom!

Capture.PNG

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
We have a crazy amount of prospects after picking 44 times over 4 drafts. At some point quality > quantity, quality meaning getting the guys you really really want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad