[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #36 - 01/03/2015

vs
(14-22-3) ____________ (20-11-4)

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, MSG-B

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; BUF@NYR 4/10/13 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - SABRES.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

JANUARY SCHEDULE:

januaryschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

That’s a fact. Everybody else is winning so we have to keep winning to stay in the race and be on the right side here.
There’s a lot of good teams in the league that expect themselves to be in the playoffs and they expect themselves to be a top team.
I think it’s going to be a tight race until the end. It’s not going t o be easy to get in. You really have to earn it.
- Henrik Lundqvist

It was good to get back to playing the way we wanted to play, using our speed, coming out of the zone, not spending a lot of time there.
It was good to see our power play get one there too. Would like to do the job in the penalty kill, but we'll get better at that.
Overall, it's a good feeling to close out the new year here with a big win.
- Ryan McDonagh

Our expectations are to get into the playoffs. Everybody is winning. We haven’t gained any ground really.
We’ve just got to keep playing well and keep getting points and that’s what we’re trying to do.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="BUFFALO SABRES"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 39 | GF | 76
W | 14 | GA | 130
L | 22 | GF/G | 1.80
OTL | 3 | GA/G | 3.31
Pts | 31 | PIM/G | 12.9
HOME | 10-10-2 | PP% | 9.3
AWAY | 4-12-1 | PK% | 76.2
L10 | 3-6-1 | FO% | 44.9
STREAK | L3 | S/O | 6-1

Division | 8th
Conference | 15th
League | 28th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Zemgus Girgensons | 11 Assists | Tyler Ennis | 15 Points | Tyler Ennis | 24 + / - | Patrick Kaleta | -1 Shots | Tyler Ennis | 94 Hits | Nicolas Deslauriers | 125 Blocks | Josh Gorges | 103 PIM | Deslauriers, Foligno | 43 FO% | Zemgus Girgensons | 43.5 TOI/G F: | Zemgus Girgensons | 18:54 TOI/G D: | Tyler Myers | 25:21

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Matt Moulson (A) | Zemgus Girgensons | Tyler Ennis (A)
Cody Hodgson | Mikhail Grigorenko | Chris Stewart
Brian Flynn | Johan Larsson | Drew Stafford
Nicolas Deslauriers | Cody McCormick | Patrick Kaleta

LD | RD
Josh Gorges (A) | Tyson Strachan
Rasmus Ristolainen | Nikita Zadorov
Mike Weber | Andre Benoit

Scratched
Andrej Meszaros|

STARTING GOALIE:

NeuvirthMichal.png

Michal Neuvirth

GPI: 14 | W: 3 | L: 9 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .911 | GAA: 3.21 | SA: 484 | GA: 43 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Brian Gionta | Head (DTD)
Marcus Foligno | Hand (IR)
Torrey Mitchell | Lower body (IR)
Tyler Myers | Lower body (IR)
Matt Hackett | Torn ACL (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 35 | GF | 107
W | 20 | GA | 89
L | 11 | GF/G | 3.00
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 2.43
Pts | 44 | PIM/G | 9.2
HOME | 12-5-3 | PP% | 18.4
AWAY | 8-6-1 | PK% | 82.1
L10 | 9-1-0 | FO% | 46.7
STREAK | W1 | S/O | 2-4

Division | 4th
Conference | 8th
League | 17th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 23 Assists | Brassard, Stepan | 19 Points | Rick Nash | 36 + / - | Rick Nash | +16 Shots | Rick Nash | 127 Hits | Dan Girardi | 86 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 75 PIM | Chris Kreider | 56 FO% | Dominic Moore | 56.4 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 18:37 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 23:58

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan (A) | Martin St. Louis (A)
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | Jesper Fast
Lee Stempniak | Dominic Moore | J.T. Miller

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Dan Boyle
Matt Hunwick | Kevin Klein

Scratched
John Moore|
Tanner Glass|
Anthony Duclair|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik_1.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 28 | W: 17 | L: 8 | OT: 3 | PIM: 0
SV% .913 | GAA: 2.39 | SA: 769 | GA: 67 | SO: 5

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

Last edited:

NYRangerFan*

Thanks. I would switch Miller and Fast but Glass isn't in the lineup so thats all that matters. LGR

Last edited by a moderator:

NYRangerFan*

pretty tough road through the rest of the month, gotta get the points you're supposed to get.

Wow, just noticed the schedule. The whole month of January can be bad. Gotta start off with a win here

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Yikes, ANH, LA and SJ coming up next, those west coast trips are usually killer. Win this and keep it rolling.

bigbuffalo313

Apr 28, 2012
New York
Glass and John Moore are out and we are starting Lundqvist against a bottom three team in the league who has allowed an insane amount of goals. If we do not win this game it will be a huge disappointment

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Why is Miller on the 4th and Fast on the 3rd? Whatever it's the right players not that Glass is scratched

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Why is Miller on the 4th and Fast on the 3rd? Whatever it's the right players not that Glass is scratched

I dont hate it. Fast has more offensive ability than hes shown so far, so I don't mind getting him with Hags and Hayes, plus putting Miller with Moore helps try to mask some of Millers defensive issues. Its about balance.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I thought Fast looked good with Hagelin and Hayes. Thought they had chemistry. Fast was even throwing his weight around more but that might be because he was scratched

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Buffalo has been a better team than the borderline ECHL hockey team they were in the beginning of the year. We need to come out sharp. None of this coming out slow nonsense and underestimating the opponent.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I dont hate it. Fast has more offensive ability than hes shown so far, so I don't mind getting him with Hags and Hayes, plus putting Miller with Moore helps try to mask some of Millers defensive issues. Its about balance.

Oh he has more ability than he's shown, but Miller has a lot more than Fast. I didn't think Miller has been that bad defensively but I missed the Panthers game so idk what may have happened

*Bob Richards*

This team can't score nor can they stop being scored on. Just win.

FLNYR

Wide Angle Watcher
May 14, 2013
I hope not. I am taking a trip with my nephew to see all three games next week!

Sounds like fun good luck. Hopefully Nash gets it going Steps been a beast, Hank needs to be solid. It would be nice to send a message to the Pac division that we're for real. LGR!!!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
That Buffalo 4th line is pretty nasty. Not very skilled but....I hate ****ing Patrick Kaleta. He's a dirty player.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Yikes, ANH, LA and SJ coming up next, those west coast trips are usually killer. Win this and keep it rolling.

This month in general looks challenging, book-ended by Buffalo and Carolina. On top of the california teams we get pittsburgh and the isle twice, and a struggling but usually tough Boston team.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
It's January, but this is an important game -- if not for the team, for the mental health of HFNYR. It would be pretty devastating to drop this game, have the team be shelved for 4 days, then play the "gauntlet" series in California, another three day break, then a 3 game in four nights stretch against the Isles, BJ's, and B's. This is going to be a tough month.

Latent Stafford goal.

No ****ing kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad