GDT: [#35] Blackhawk Down from the Stars

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I could only catch the first two periods, but did anyone else notice Jokipakka playing quite gritty and using his size? I was very impressed with him from what I saw early on.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I could only catch the first two periods, but did anyone else notice Jokipakka playing quite gritty and using his size? I was very impressed with him from what I saw early on.

I posted in the "Improving The Stars" thread about how I wanted to keep Jokipakka in the lineup before the Hawks game, and several times throughout the season. He should not be a healthy scratch.

If that means that Nemeth and Big Rig are upset, I wouldn't care. They can collect their $1 Million from the press box unless we have injuries. We need to suit up our best team night in and night out.

phil7488

We're back
Mar 3, 2011
DFW
I posted in the "Improving The Stars" thread about how I wanted to keep Jokipakka in the lineup before the Hawks game, and several times throughout the season. He should not be a healthy scratch.

If that means that Nemeth and Big Rig are upset, I wouldn't care. They can collect their $1 Million from the press box unless we have injuries. We need to suit up our best team night in and night out.

The problem is, is that those 3 are so hot and cold. Nemeth has been non-existent since coming back from injury and Oleksiak and Jokipakka show shades of brilliance, then back pedal. I need some consistency from these guys before I'm sold on them. We have Johns and Honka in the pipeline so these guys need to start proving themselves more consistently. I would love Oleksiak with his size to be that perennial shutdown D that we need to get us to the cup.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
In his last game Oleksiak had some confidence with the puck. The difference is that Jokipakka does that all the time and he has a good grasp of how to use his physical gifts.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I would go with Niemi as the starter especially after last night against Chicago. His stats and record indicate he deserves it.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
In his last game Oleksiak had some confidence with the puck. The difference is that Jokipakka does that all the time and he has a good grasp of how to use his physical gifts.

I agree. Jokipakka puts it together most nights unlike the other Big Rig and Nemeth as of late... and his agility is light-years better than Oleksiak.

I hope we don't Jokipakka...he will definitely be on a trade partner's wish list.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I would go with Niemi as the starter especially after last night against Chicago. His stats and record indicate he deserves it.

Lehtonen's definitely lost his job for the time being. He's gonna have to earn the starting role back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad