34th Overall Andrew Peeke

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I just wanted to take a quick peek at his scouting report

:laugh:

What do we think this guy's peak is? What about his bottom? This pick piqued my interest

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
See you in 3 years after college?

For a bottom team doesn't seem to be any urgency, but who knows.

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
Clearly the scouting bureau that ranked him 57th among the North American skaters did not realize how talented he was.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
1) See Cannoli's posting about identifying playerss who fit your organization.
2) See Dillon Heatherington and Gabriel Carlsson.

I don't like this pick but it does potentially fit a strategy.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Interesting, not sure why we didn't trade back in round two and try and pick up a later round pick.

I don't mind the pick at all, but I don't think he was going anywhere in the next 10-15 picks.

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
I hope the next GM favors a "find the most talented players possible" strategy rather than ones that fit into some vague organizational description. Do the Blackhawks and Red Wings have a type of player they like to draft? Because that seems like a better plan to follow since it results in a winning team.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I hope the next GM favors a "find the most talented players possible" strategy rather than ones that fit into some vague organizational description. Do the Blackhawks and Red Wings have a type of player they like to draft? Because that seems like a better plan to follow since it results in a winning team.

So the Edmonton model?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Boy, talk about generating excitement with your draft picks ....... I guess Jarmo does not believe in that.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Columbus may draft at different positions but both teams have succeeded in making no real progress in 10 years so they likely have more in common with each other than they do with the good organizations.

Let's assume for the sake of discussion that the Jackets have employed such a strategy. Wouldn't you prefer some strategy to none? And also, how quickly should this strategy begin to show results?

Or, why not do some research and answer your own questions about whether or not Chicago and Detroit have strategies regarding the types of players they look to add? Because what it sounds like to me is you don't really know or want to know the answer, but rather just point out teams that are good while complaining the CBJ sucks.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
You know I'm going to be a total jackass right now.

Listening to some of you, why don't we just let the scouts pick the consensus and have the CBJ on auto-draft.

Holy crap that is just so much *****ing and moaning.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com

Listening to some of you, why don't we just let the scouts pick the consensus and have the CBJ on auto-draft.

Seriously...did anyone even bother trying to do some reading before chiming in? Or might that be too difficult?:sarcasm:

Some fellow HF'rs had a good word on Peeke: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1979127

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Ive been finding myself agreeing with you these last two days.

This isn't about making a splash for the fan base or getting them excited, its about making the best possible decision for your team.

How many scouts has ANYONE on this board talked to? How many of these players coaches have you talked to? How many of their teammates have to you talked to?

This is what these guys do. They know far more than any of us, just because we don't agree doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing. Give these kids a chance before crucifying management.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
See you in 3 years after college?

For a bottom team doesn't seem to be any urgency, but who knows.

Yeah, because we have no good young defenseman. :shakehead. Also, you never draft based on how quickly a player will make it to the NHL.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
1) See Cannoli's posting about identifying playerss who fit your organization.
2) See Dillon Heatherington and Gabriel Carlsson.

I don't like this pick but it does potentially fit a strategy.

It's obvious what type of defenseman we like. We like big guys who are good skaters.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Boy, talk about generating excitement with your draft picks ....... I guess Jarmo does not believe in that.

Teams who draft like that, usually suck at drafting. Teams who try to win the press conference with who they hire as coaches/GM's, who they sign, who they trade for, and who they draft usually don't have a lot of success. Man, the posts on here keep getting worse. I didn't think that was possible.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Ive been finding myself agreeing with you these last two days.

This isn't about making a splash for the fan base or getting them excited, its about making the best possible decision for your team.

How many scouts has ANYONE on this board talked to? How many of these players coaches have you talked to? How many of their teammates have to you talked to?

This is what these guys do. They know far more than any of us, just because we don't agree doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing. Give these kids a chance before crucifying management.

I agree here too. I don't know enough about the picks to get too upset or wound up either way. I'll let Jarmo and the scouts do their job. I am just hoping to clear a little cap space now....

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Just pretend Abramov is the 2nd and Peeke is the 3rd if silly things like that make you feel better :laugh:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just pretend Abramov is the 2nd and Peeke is the 3rd if silly things like that make you feel better :laugh:

I was thinking of posting this. Don't understand the route we took to this point but I'm happy we got Abramov and Dubois.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad