Post-Game Talk: #34 | Flyers at Canucks | December 28, 2023 | Win 4-1 | Konecny "bug" and Ersson "dehydrated" removed from the game (posts #1 and #19)

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I don’t even know what to think, there’s very little high-level talent on the team, but they work well together somehow. The lack of talent shows on the power play as were the worst in the entire NHL. They battle hard and win through guts and determination the thing is, there’s going to come a point where you need that extra gear of talent to will your team to a win. Idk man, team refuses to lose, let’s pick 18th and get another Konecny and watch the Blackhawks build another 2-3 cup team around elite talent. Idk man it’s fun to watch but you just know deep in your soul it ain’t right lol.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I don’t even know what to think, there’s very little high-level talent on the team, but they work well together somehow. The lack of talent shows on the power play as were the worst in the entire NHL. They battle hard and win through guts and determination the thing is, there’s going to come a point where you need that extra gear of talent to will your team to a win. Idk man, team refuses to lose, let’s pick 18th and get another Konecny and watch the Blackhawks build another 2-3 cup team around elite talent. Idk man it’s fun to watch but you just know deep in your soul it ain’t right lol.
This is pretty much where I’m at as well. The only thing that may have saved them is Michkov falling, and if they bought extremely low on Sean Walker just to sell him for a legit asset.

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
Flyers didn't lose a game in Vancouver from 1990 until December 2010. Didn't play here every year, but it was a good run.

Without looking it up there were also a few games where they put up 8 goals. Off the top of my head I remember an 8-2 beating during the Richards/Carter era.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If we had just sold high on Laughton this past summer...adding another 1-2 prospects into the fold would have been nice.

But hey, we are currently picking #22 and #23 this summer. i am sure we will find a stud...or even 2 there.

Flyers have the best record in the NHL the last 10 games. And that's without dynamo Cates!

Looked back even further, since Nov 10th....last 21 games for the Flyers, they have the best record in hockey. That's over half the season. Few would have guessed that. And if the underlying numbers are saying it's sustainable....

Last edited:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Let's just throw money at Draisaitl in 2025. If we're lucky he has a few prime years left to carry the team with Michkov.

BudEagle

Nov 9, 2013
New Jersey
They almost always play vancouver and calgary on new years eve or new years day it feels like
They have been doing these long road trips at this time of year for more than 50 years. I know it use to free-up the Spectrum for the Ice Capades.
Screenshot (362).png

Reactions: Larry44

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
They almost always play vancouver and calgary on new years eve or new years day it feels like
Doesn’t Disney on Ice play in Philly over the holidays every year? That’s why the annual road trip.

They have been doing these long road trips at this time of year for more than 50 years. I know it use to free-up the Spectrum for the Ice Capades.View attachment 791928
Still on: Disney On Ice: Magic in the Stars Tour Tickets | Ticketsonsale

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My viewings of Vancouver were from early in the year and they looked like a mess being saved by brilliant goaltending. Their stats say the same seems to be true still. I'm traveling again so this game wasn't in the cards, but it reads like they outplayed a worse team clearly?

Say what I will about Tortorella, and there is much to say, but if he can keep them from playing down to competition like they've done for a decade, then that greatly increases the fun level. Watching them lose to better teams is...whatever, at least maybe there is good hockey being played by the other team. But when we'd play bad teams? It was just an all around slogging. If those can be less sloggy, that's just a big improvement in experience, no matter all the other stuff happening at higher levels of the team.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It's not fun to watch

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Look game is game. They played well tonight and looked like a real hockey team and not a fluke. As long as they keep improving I dont mind these kinds of wins.

Its when we look hopeless and win is when I get mad.
Hard to hope to see all the kids develop and still have the ability to tank. Lots of good stuff from the young core.

Without looking it up there were also a few games where they put up 8 goals. Off the top of my head I remember an 8-2 beating during the Richards/Carter era.
Pretty sure the legion of doom era also.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Why does Frost get so little ice time. Poehling, Atkinson, Laughton all with more. I guess he is back to the bench when "vanilla ice" cates gets back
Atkinson and Hot Rod are two of worst forwards in NHL let alone the Flyers, we have all said for years Frost has no future with this team.

Plugs will always prevail.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Pretty sure the legion of doom era also.

For sure, I remember being excited at the idea of seeing them on the road in Van, but sadly Nucks tickets were way out of my price range in the late 90's. IIRC, they were around $600 a pop for the New Year's Eve game one year in particular.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
That 8-2 thrashing was an October game right after the moves that brought Briere/Kimmo/Hartnell to Philly. Richards scored a shorty while down 5-on-3 that game... it was also the first game my wife (then girlfriend) came to with me. She's a Canucks fan. :laugh:

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
That was the game Boulerice lost his mind and got suspended 25 games.
The Boulerice game was way later, it was the same game Mike Richards scored a goal while killing a 5 on 3.

That 8-2 thrashing was an October game right after the moves that brought Briere/Kimmo/Hartnell to Philly. Richards scored a shorty while down 5-on-3 that game... it was also the first game my wife (then girlfriend) came to with me. She's a Canucks fan. :laugh:
Yeah this game. The first NHL game I ever went to :laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Boulerice. There's a guy I'd forgotten all about. Unlike the living legend Eric Houle, who will live on always in thought and dream.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The Boulerice game was way later, it was the same game Mike Richards scored a goal while killing a 5 on 3.

Yeah this game. The first NHL game I ever went to :laugh:
Thanks. Never said I have a great memory.

Boulerice got suspended for his actions in the 2007 8-2 game I mentioned above. Crosschecked Kesler in the chops.
See kids this is what happens when you get old. You forget shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad