Injury Report: #34 Auston Matthews - Cleared to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
???

Shoulders are all about the angle. It doesn't take much if you hit it right.

Yeah, it was an awkward position. The hit wasn’t much but just caught him in a bad place.

I think he will be out for a bit but I don’t really care about that too much. Take all the time. We’ve got skill on the team to overcome an injury. It will actually force Babcock to lean on his better players a little more.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Would you it a ****ing rest. Not every body's body reacts to force the same. It's always the basement boys that are first to comment when someone gets hurt.

People like you who are basically calling Matthews a *****, clearly have never played sports ever or have injured your shoulder. Any type of force can injure your shoulder. I've had a separated shoulder, I've had a rotator cuff injury and a torn labrum. Shoulder injuries are not easy to deal with and can happen so easily. It's one of the body's most loose joints. That's how we have so much mobility in our arms.

I've played plenty of sports. Broke my pelvis once too. If this isn't concerning to you, then you have no clue what you're talking about..

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Best news under the circumstances, really.

To me, that means it's not separated. Nothing broken or torn. We'll be ok!

Good news it’s not the same shoulder but other than that it doesn’t mean it’s not serious. Sometimes because of swelling they don’t know extent of injury until a few days later.

The way Matthews reacted and the dead arm it doesn’t look minor

Reactions: NovaLeaf

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Hope its a speedy recovery, as long as he can continue to skate, he wont skip a beat when he's back..

I guess that Tavares guy will have to take over the 1C spot for the time being...

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Based on last year's injury, I'm gonna guess he'll be out 3-4 weeks. This will be the same time willy gets signed. They will come back together!

It'll be a great time to see who steps up and takes on a larger role on this team.

member 300185

Hope its a speedy recovery, as long as he can continue to skate, he wont skip a beat when he's back..

I guess that Tavares guy will have to take over the 1C spot for the time being...
Do you know how sweet that sounds? How many years have we had this kind of centre depth and can afford to lose our top guy?

JT is a top of the league kind of guy, we'll be fine.

Papa Cherry

Nov 20, 2011
Definately the type of impact that would seperate his shoulder. Hopefully it didn't completely tear ligaments and just sprained them. The fact that they already ruled him out for Monday isn't a good sign....

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Its kind of like getting hit in the nuts. Sometimes a little flick is more painful than a swift kick.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Definately the type of impact that would seperate his shoulder. Hopefully it didn't completely tear ligaments and just sprained them. The fact that they already ruled him out for Monday isn't a good sign....
Or the fact he was in severe pain right away. often happens in tears.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He's had 3 shoulder injuries in his life, cool your takes down champ.

No.
This was a question going into the season; how would AM’s back and shoulder fair this year?
That little bump wouldn’t normally cause a serious injury. If it did, well then.....

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
I'm a huge Matthews fan but even I have to admit that it is a little concerning that he gets hurt off big hits.
Plus he disappeared off the scoresheet the last 4 games.
Dont get me wrong I still think he's the best player on this team but his salary better be reasonable next year.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Ha ha ha ...wonder what would have happened had he actually hit him rather than bumping into him?
Lol bump? Dude, Matthews was driving towards the net, stick-handling the puck (loose arms, not bracing for impact) while Trouba charged like a raging bull onto a red cape.

I admit I know nothing about physics but a 202 lbs object colliding to an oncoming 223 lbs object should create some massive force impact don't you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad