7:30 PM
TV: FDT+/MSG+

Place:
spot_joe_louis_arena3.jpg

Joe Louis Arena
Detroit, Michigan

Officials:

Referee | Linesmen
Dan O’Halloran (#13)|Scott Driscoll (#68)
Brian Pochmara (#16)|Greg Devorski (#54)

GameDay Preview

Tweets

Lines:

:wings

LIKELY LINEUP
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
#71 Dylan Larkin|#40 Henrik Zetterberg|#8 Justin Abdelkader
#43 Darren Helm|#13 Pavel Datsyuk|#17 Brad Richards
#14 Gustav Nyquist|#15 Riley Sheahan|#21 Tomas Tatar
#26 Tomas Jurco|#41 Luke Glendening|#18 Joakim Andersson

Left Defense | Right Defense
#55 Niklas Kronwall|#65 Danny DeKeyser
#2 Brendan Smith|#25 Mike Green
#4 Jakub Kindl|#47 Alexey Marchenko

CONFIRMED STARTER
Starting Goaltender
#35 Jimmy Howard

:devils

LIKELY LINEUP
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
#13 Mike Cammalleri|#14 Adam Henrique|#20 Lee Stempniak
#9 Jiri Tlusty|#19 Travis Zajac|#21 Kyle Palmieri
#51 Sergey Kalinin|#16 Jacob Josefson|#48 Tyler Kennedy
#15 Tuomo Ruutu|#11 Stephen Gionta|#22 Jordin Tootoo

Left Defense | Right Defense
#6 Andy Greene|#5 Adam Larsson
#2 John Moore|#28 Damon Severson
#7 Jon Merrill|#8 David Schlemko

CONFIRMED STARTER
Starting Goaltender
#35 Cory Schneider

L G R W :wings

Last edited:

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Why do I have a feeling this is going to be a snoozefest of a game?

Probably because it's two of the lower scoring teams. The Devils have Henrique back this game, he missed the last game they played. New Jersey was the least aggressive offensively I have seen so far playing 3/3. But it worked if I remember correctly. Should be interesting to see Smith paired with Green

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
I'm really liking that 2nd pairing. They may have their lapses defensively, but they can make up for that offensively. Smith has really picked it up the last 10 games. It's up to him to do something with this opportunity.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
So Green has to babysit Smith tonight? Great so Green's game will be making up for Smith's idiocy half the game. We'll see. This is suppose to be what we were to get with Smith when we drafted him. Top 4D. But he hasn't delivered IMO. Can we switch Z and D for once? I'd love to see Larkin and Datsyuk, plus Abby is good with Dats. We could see more ass shots. Or put Dats with Z and Larkin and move Abby to 2nd line with Richards centering that line.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
So Green has to babysit Smith tonight? Great so Green's game will be making up for Smith's idiocy half the game. We'll see. This is suppose to be what we were to get with Smith when we drafted him. Top 4D. But he hasn't delivered IMO. Can we switch Z and D for once? I'd love to see Larkin and Datsyuk, plus Abby is good with Dats. We could see more ass shots. Or put Dats with Z and Larkin and move Abby to 2nd line with Richards centering that line.

I think Smith has been pretty good lately. Also, I assumed the green-smith pairing had more so to do with the way zone starts are distributed rather than having to "babysit" one player or the other. The Big E-DDK pairing have been taking the majority of the D-zone starts, but with Big-E out, Blash is relying on Kroner to pick up some of the slack defensively.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Tatar Sheahan and Nyquist are a disaster in their own zone

Why are they all on a line together?

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Where's Ericsson when you need him right? Maybe Smith should step up and throw down tonight. Let the Devils know that **** ain't gonna fly.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Devils fan here, Wonder if you guys are gouging your eyes out like we are over in the Devs thread. Our team has turned into slow,boring, old once again. Enjoy being bored to death as I am:laugh:

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Devils pk doesn't look very good. if we move the puck laterally, there's much open space on the other side

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Devils fan here, Wonder if you guys are gouging your eyes out like we are over in the Devs thread. Our team has turned into slow,boring, old once again. Enjoy being bored to death as I am:laugh:

I can't say it's the most exciting 10 minutes of hockey I've watched.

the linesman isn't helping dropping the puck then deciding it wasn't a fair drop and calling everyone back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad