GDT: #33: Pittsburgh Penguins@Florida Panthers | 7:30 PM ET | TVA, SN, ROOT, FS-F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Real impressed by our kids. Pouliot, Harrington, Dumo all looking like they belong.

Sidney....oh Sidney. I hope you break out of your slump soon :/.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
haha. if i can say one good thing about byslma... he trained his players for the shootout well. time to reinstate moustache boy? ;)

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013
At what point do you bring back mustache boy? We have been awful in them this year...

They won't, and to be honest, maybe they shouldn't. I know it sucks to lose in the shootout but I mean there are more important things to worry about in practice.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Not a bad game for entertainment value; about as good as can be expected for this Pens team otherwise.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Really pissed at that loss. Outplayed in back to back games by the ****ing Cats. MAF makes 7 SO saves and you can't ****ing score once?

Horny missing on the PP in the 2nd was a huge turning point. Would have put us up 2-0 and put them in a hole.

The refs can **** themselves as well. Should have been a trip on Geno in OT. Hell, it lead to a scoring chance by the Cats. Reminds me of the Jagr hook in the Bs series.

LionelHutz*

How cute they still throw rats, even though this isnt 1996 anymore.

yEQ1FORmSPNgyYP14Bbw_a71AYSd.gif

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
some definite growing pains from Harry and dumoulin. You can see why mj loves pouliot. Just a puck possession machine. watching him handle the puck under pressure is unbelievable. if Barcelona were a hockey team they'd be full of pouliots

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Really pissed at that loss. Outplayed in back to back games by the ****ing Cats. MAF makes 7 SO saves and you can't ****ing score once?

Horny missing on the PP in the 2nd was a huge turning point. Would have put us up 2-0 and put them in a hole.

The refs can **** themselves as well. Should have been a trip on Geno in OT. Hell, it lead to a scoring chance by the Cats. Reminds me of the Jagr hook in the Bs series.

We're completely banged up and need a break badly. And MAF is lucky it went to the shootout at all so think he's fine with it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Real impressed by our kids. Pouliot, Harrington, Dumo all looking like they belong.

Sidney....oh Sidney. I hope you break out of your slump soon :/.

Those kids belong now.

As I wrote elsewhere, you've got Letang and Ehrhoff. You've got Despres. You're stuck with Scuderi, like it or not.

Between those three kids, I'll fill out my defense and allocate the return and saved cap space to helping out Sid and Geno.

What this game reminded me of is that we're much better off giving Sid and Geno appropriate help and trusting them to make up for flaws (a lack of experience being one of them allegedly) elsewhere in the roster than in asking Sid and Geno to play hockey with infinitely less help than their peers in the name of 'balance'.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014

The Penguins are missing 9 guys from their opening roster, and the Panthers are better than they once were. I think thiese two games can be looked at for their positives first - but ymmv.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Those kids belong now.

As I wrote elsewhere, you've got Letang and Ehrhoff. You've got Despres. You're stuck with Scuderi, like it or not.

Between those three kids, I'll fill out my defense and allocate the return and saved cap space to helping out Sid and Geno.

What this game reminded me of is that we're much better off giving Sid and Geno appropriate help and trusting them to make up for flaws (a lack of experience being one of them allegedly) elsewhere in the roster than in asking Sid and Geno to play hockey with infinitely less help than their peers in the name of 'balance'.

I really don't think they view Despres has that replacement for Martin or Ehrhoff. If you had the same lineup, but one of them in for Despres, they'd be at 24+ minutes.

Despres had 18, fourth in toi behind Letang, Scuderi!!!!! And Pouliot.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I do see a severe lack of passion from Sid lately. Is it just injuries/mumps/nowingerhelp piling on top of each other? Something needs to happen for this guy to get his passion back. That 3rd period and some of the OT, Sid was awful. Just accepting the Loss really at times. Sad to see.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
Sounds like a wrist injury for Comeau. Not sure of severity, but early indications don't sound encouraging for Penguins.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I do see a severe lack of passion from Sid lately. Is it just injuries/mumps/nowingerhelp piling on top of each other? Something needs to happen for this guy to get his passion back. That 3rd period and some of the OT, Sid was awful. Just accepting the Loss really at times. Sad to see.

Holy ****? Bad passes, lack of shooting, those I can see. But lack of passion? What the **** does this mean? Guy is flying, fighting in corners. Lack of passion you use for Kunitz. Christ

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
This game means more to FLA than Pittsburgh. They won in a skills competition that went 7 rounds? I'm not worried about this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad