[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #33 - 12/27/2014

vs
(12-17-7) ____________ (18-10-4)

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, MSG PLUS 2

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@NJD 10/21/14 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - DEVILS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

DECEMBER SCHEDULE:

decemberschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

Confidence-wise I was fighting it a little bit. That’s a day to day thing. You try to work on that every day.
The team is playing good. We are winning games and it’s a great feeling in here. We did a good job of going out there and earning it every day.
We’ve taken nothing for granted. We take care of the opponents and we play seriously and we’ve been rewarded with some good plays.
- Martin St. Louis

I think you enjoy it when you’re out there watching Nash play and appreciate what he brings to the team, it’s about winning and he’s helping us in a big way to win games.
It’s fun to watch when he can be that good and we’ve seen it so many times, last year and in the years before playing against him. I’m not surprised he’s playing at a level.
That’s why he came to New York. It’s a good fit.
- Henrik Lundqvist

I thought the first two periods we were playing a real strong game. It got away from us in the third.
People might say we are trying to tire them out in our own end. At the end of the day, we found a way to get it done and that’s what this game is all about.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW JERSEY DEVILS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 36 | GF | 78
W | 12 | GA | 104
L | 17 | GF/G | 2.11
OTL | 7 | GA/G | 2.72
Pts | 31 | PIM/G | 9.1
HOME | 4-6-5 | PP% | 21.0
AWAY | 8-11-2 | PK% | 78.5
L10 | 2-5-3 | FO% | 47.5
STREAK | OT1 | S/O | 2-6

Division | 7th
Conference | 14th
League | 26th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Michael Cammalleri | 11 Assists | Jaromir Jagr | 15 Points | Henrique, Jagr | 20 + / - | Stephen Gionta | +5 Shots | Jaromir Jagr | 78 Hits | Tuomo Ruutu | 77 Blocks | Andy Greene | 88 PIM | Jordin Tootoo | 33 FO% | Travis Zajac | 54.6 TOI/G F: | Travis Zajac | 20:07 TOI/G D: | Andy Greene | 23:30

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Michael Cammalleri | Scott Gomez | Jaromir Jagr
Adam Henrique | Travis Zajac (A) | Dainius Zubrus
Tuomo Ruutu | Stephen Gionta | Steve Bernier
Jordin Tootoo | Jacob Josefson | Tim Sestito

LD | RD
Andy Greene (A) | Peter Harrold
Jon Merrill | Marek Zidlicky (A)
Eric Gelinas | Adam Larsson

Scratched
Seth Helgeson|

STARTING GOALIE:

SchneiderCory_1.png

Cory Schneider

GPI: 32 | W: 11 | L: 16 | OT: 4 | PIM: 0
SV% .917 | GAA: 2.51 | SA: 926 | GA: 77 | SO: 2

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Martin Havlat | Illness (DTD)
Michael Ryder | Mumps (DTD)
Patrik Elias | Mumps (DTD)
Damon Severson | Ankle (IR)
Ryane Clowe | Concussion (IR)
Bryce Salvador | Lower body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 32 | GF | 97
W | 18 | GA | 83
L | 10 | GF/G | 2.97
OTL | 4 | GA/G | 2.47
Pts | 40 | PIM/G | 9.3
HOME | 11-5-3 | PP% | 16.7
AWAY | 7-5-1 | PK% | 82.2
L10 | 8-2-0 | FO% | 46.9
STREAK | W7 | S/O | 2-4

Division | 3rd
Conference | 7th
League | 15th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 23 Assists | Derick Brassard | 19 Points | Rick Nash | 36 + / - | Rick Nash | +16 Shots | Rick Nash | 116 Hits | Dan Girardi | 81 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 71 PIM | Chris Kreider | 52 FO% | Dominic Moore | 55.0 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 18:29 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 24:14

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan | Martin St. Louis (A)
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | Lee Stempniak
Tanner Glass | Dominic Moore | Jesper Fast

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal | Dan Boyle
John Moore | Kevin Klein

Scratched
Matt Hunwick|
J.T. Miller|
Anthony Duclair|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik_1.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 25 | W: 15 | L: 7 | OT: 3 | PIM: 0
SV% .913 | GAA: 2.44 | SA: 702 | GA: 61 | SO: 5

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

Last edited:

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
That means they'll come out more motivated. They should be better then they have been. Hopefully step on their throats early and go from there.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Tortorella pls.

Or maybe that would be a very good fit for them going back to the old days trying to win games 1-0. But then again that team is too weak.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Tortorella might fit in pretty good with New Jersey. Their whole game plan is built around keeping the score and shots down because they're old, they're slow and they can't score. Their MO is to hopefully get a couple goals and if that's not enough to win the game--then hope it's enough to get their opponents to OT. Torts wouldn't have to work very hard to get them to block shots and defend in their own zone all night long. They're already doing it.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The forwards are ancient the dmen are green that's a terribly put together hockey team. If that guys name isn't lou Lamys he'd be fired.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

Does anyone have any stats for team performance in the game following the firing of a coach? I feel like new coaches almost always win their first game, so for that reason, now I'm a little worried.

Anyway, I spotted my Devils' friend fan 9 points in our season ending standings bet this year. Hope the Devils continue to suck under whoever will be guiding the ship for the rest of the year.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
I feel like new coaches almost always win their first game, so for that reason, now I'm a little worried..

We beat them during christmas four years ago when Lemaire had just replaced MacLean. Doubt that team will look helluva different right off the bat. They are still old and injured.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Tell me someone can quote a Devils fan ripping on us for having Brassard as our 1C to start the year.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Tell me someone can quote a Devils fan ripping on us for having Brassard as our 1C to start the year.

Gomez as 1c is amazing. He'll prolly score on us (twice) so I ain't touching that one until the game is over.

Haven't paid any attention to the Debbies this year tbh. I just secretly hope Cheechoo is one of the khl defectors and he signs with them so I can finally see a line of tootoo, ruutu and cheechoo. Its been a dream of mine. Too bad Chico wouldn't be there to be utterly confused by it.

On a side note, that reminds me that I'd love to get Riley Nash over here and have him out on the ice with Rick often, while wearing a number in the 60's. Confuse the s**t out of Sam.

Alright, that's enough of that. LGR. Can't wait for some hockey!

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We should torch that team tomorrow

I fully expect us to take AT LEAST 3 of the next 4 games.

But in reality there's no reason why we run the table thru buffalo

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I last read that Stempniak should be going back into the lineup...

Given our play, the ONLY logical player is Glass....

Anyone have any other quotes/sources/information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad