GDT: #33 – Sabres at Islanders – Fri Dec 23, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
What's this in reference to?

To whom are you referring insofar as the criticism is concerned....

Hamilton post game scrum asked him his thoughts. He gave a shaky response about too many turnovers and odd man rushes against, which he softened a BIT at the end with a half assed "and I didn't make the saves I needed after those rushes and turnovers"

Hamilton then asked him about "not making those saves" and he doubled down "yeah I didn't make the saves but like I said, too many odd man rushes and poor play" or something of the sort.

You can listen and try to call it whatever you want. In the middle of a losing streak, as the backup goalie, after a **** game yourself, the answer is "we didn't get the job done"

I'm not thrilled if I'm the coach. This isn't the equivalent of Ryan Miller here - he hasn't earned anything in the way of leadership IMO.

Sorry to come off as sensitive, but there is a right way to handle that line of questioning, and it's not to blame the turnovers and odd men rushes in reply to a question about not making saves you should have made. After you went out of your way to note the blatantly obvious thought line of the team playing like trash.

I'd be less annoyed if it was commentary from Lehner.

Last edited:

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
We could use an independent hockey analyst with credentials to critique this team for Pegula. Not the hangers on, not the people the Sabres pay to push product, not the very irate fans. Kulikov and Bogosian had good nhl careers but what is happening here? Why is Risto getting caught out so much? etc...

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
We could use an independent hockey analyst with credentials to critique this team for Pegula.
Russ Brandon and Pegula went out of their way to hire an outsider 'analytical' guy for the Bills and sell it as a big deal.

The Bills remained the most laughably out-of-touch team in the league with no understanding of changing strategy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad