32nd Overall

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah I would pick Barbashev with Ekblad in the fold. Even though Tallon covets a rw, Barbashev is too good of a player to pass up. Hopefully Buffalo doesn't take him. If we can walk away from the first two rounds with Ekblad and Barbashev, that would be amazing. Here's my wish list order, excluding goalies because we are not taking one this year:

Barbashev
MacInnis
Lemieux
Anton Karlsson
Pollock
Vaclav Karabacek
Jayce Hawryluk
Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Out of those guys, Karlsson, Karabacek, Hawryluk are RW's. I think Aube-Kubel would be a good RW also. Really slick hands, good smarts, could look good next to Barkov.

I wouldn't be surprised if its Karlsson.

Thankstoo

Jun 29, 2013
may go off the board with Eric Cornel

Yeah I would pick Barbashev with Ekblad in the fold. Even though Tallon covets a rw, Barbashev is too good of a player to pass up. Hopefully Buffalo doesn't take him. If we can walk away from the first two rounds with Ekblad and Barbashev, that would be amazing. Here's my wish list order, excluding goalies because
we are not taking one this year:

Barbashev
MacInnis
Lemieux
Anton Karlsson
Pollock
Vaclav Karabacek
Jayce Hawryluk
Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Out of those guys, Karlsson, Karabacek, Hawryluk are RW's. I think Aube-Kubel would be a good RW also. Really slick hands, good smarts, could look good next to Barkov.

I wouldn't be surprised if its Karlsson.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Tallon said we wouldn't so unless he totally lied, I wouldn't count on it.

-ghoste

Oh wow. Well I don't agree but sounds good to me :p

Luongo isn't exactly young. I mean he's got a good 4-5 years of service left in him for quality net minding, but a goalie prospect is going to take a good 4-5 years to develop.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
If Tallon doesn't draft a goalie, which is what he said. I have no doubt we'd draft one next year. I'd start to worry if we go two years without drafting one.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I dont get some of you saying with Ekblad RH D in the fold we can take Ivan now. What does taking a RH D with taking a forward?

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
McKeown is a legit prospect too, there's a lot of good ones, hopefully he draft a hit or miss one, enough grinders in the organization already

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
But, he's a defenseman. I think Tallon already stated the #32 pick will go towards a forward.

yeah i guess, but he's one of these super silky smooth skaters that DT likes

i thought lemieux was going to be gone for sure, but it'd be awesome to have him here in sofla

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
Exciting day today too! :)
Im hoping for lemieux, but I wouldnt be surprized if they'd pick someone with more of an offensive instinct than him.

CoolburnIsGone

With us lacking a 3rd round pick, I could see Tallon trading down and picking up another pick. A team like the Flames who have multiple 2nd and 3rd rounders could be willing to make a deal. That just sounds like something Tallon would do in this spot IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad