32 Yr Old Blake Coleman: 30g 24 a +19 With 2nd/3rd Line Min, Little PP Time, Non-Plof Team CGY

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I just feel the guy deserves a lot of credit for doing his darndest to work and will Calgary into a playoff spot. 30 goals and a +19 on a blown up team with almost no power play time logging 2nd and 3rd line minutes in 76 games (had to take some maintenance days off near the end when playoffs were out), relied on defensively in shut-down role. He was one off the team lead in goals for goodness sake. If you really analyze what he did it's phenomenal all things considered.

This was probably Blake Coleman's peak stat year so I just think he really needs recognition on an abysmal team giving e every ounce of everything he had this year. I was a slow believer in him but feel he's worth every penny. I have much respect for him. If there was an "unsung hero" award he'd be my nomination.

Last edited:

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Doesn't shock me to learn this: Coleman was money with Lightning
  • Great 200 ft player during time on 3rd line here.
  • He gave Lightning1st & 2nd line play with 2 other gems on 3rd line (Gourde & Goodrow).
  • That 3rd line did it's part, and made Lightning a juggernaut of a team, that could at times seem like they were playing with their food in games.
  • Coleman was huge part of that and his PK minutes were a beauty to watch.
  • Glad he got paid and is doing well in Calgary.
  • Seems y'all enjoy Coleman as much as we Lightning fans did. Agree he's very underrated and to do so well in role is amazing.

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
He's great. Props to NJ for drafting him and developing his skill set but man what a mistake to not keep him. In the end it worked out with him with a cup win.

For all the great flames players lost to free agency they made a steal with an Plano Texas native in Coleman, whom I'm shocked didn't go to his home town team of the Stars.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
They should trade him, don’t see him being a significant factor in a retool.

That's probably true, I can't imagine he'd want to stay through a rebuild. I'd keep him around for character purposes; but I doubt he can keep his play high for that much longer as he leaves it all on the ice shift in and shift out. So indeed trading him is likely the right route to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00