Sportsnet 32 Thoughts: July 3 - What are the Bruins going to do?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Elliotte Friedman dropped this overnight

27. Boston: Now that they’ve got their coach, the next major order of business is determining David Pastrnak’s future. The Bruins are scheduled to meet with him later this month to discuss an extension. They want to sign him as first, second, third and fourth choice. But if there’s any hesitation on the player’s part, they’ll do what’s necessary. Even if both Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci return, that’s not a long-term plan at centre. They’re believed to have interest in Vincent Trocheck, although they won’t be the only ones. Boston is not expected to rebuild, despite all the injuries. If they can hold themselves above water, there are some excellent mid-season reinforcements. Not convinced a reunion is possible, but Jim Montgomery and Gaudreau won a USHL title in Dubuque in 2011.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Elliotte Friedman dropped this overnight

27. Boston: Now that they’ve got their coach, the next major order of business is determining David Pastrnak’s future. The Bruins are scheduled to meet with him later this month to discuss an extension. They want to sign him as first, second, third and fourth choice. But if there’s any hesitation on the player’s part, they’ll do what’s necessary. Even if both Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci return, that’s not a long-term plan at centre. They’re believed to have interest in Vincent Trocheck, although they won’t be the only ones. Boston is not expected to rebuild, despite all the injuries. If they can hold themselves above water, there are some excellent mid-season reinforcements. Not convinced a reunion is possible, but Jim Montgomery and Gaudreau won a USHL title in Dubuque in 2011.
Does this Krejci return story line have any substance? I thought it was just some wishful HF thinking. Has he indicated he wants to come back?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Does this Krejci return story line have any substance? I thought it was just some wishful HF thinking. Has he indicated he wants to come back?
The Krejci story makes me a little confused . I have always liked the player but I am not sure I really care if he comes back. Is it because I feel the Bruins would be spinning their wheels for another season ? Maybe if there was some other positive moves I could get behind it.............

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
It IS just more HF kool-aid chugging, but even if he were willing to come back, I can't see why. With some of our best players out for the first third of the season, this would be a perfect time to retool, rebuild, adopt a new strategy...but they won't, I'm betting.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I thought I had read somewhere that Sweeney had said that they had been in contact with Krejci's camp, but there wasn't any other info in the statement other then just reaching out.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It IS just more HF kool-aid chugging, but even if he were willing to come back, I can't see why. With some of our best players out for the first third of the season, this would be a perfect time to retool, rebuild, adopt a new strategy...but they won't, I'm betting.
As long as he signs before December (not sure of the date) he can sign on so maybe he'll wait until most of the
injured are back before he signs (IF he signs).

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Pasta is Ovechkin light with better dangles...

Have to keep him.

Another 9 million dollar player however spells doom for this team/GM that can't draft, develop, or trade to save their butts.

Still gotta sign Pasta. There would be no packages that would return his impact based on his current contract status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad