GDT: #32: Anaheim Ducks @ Columbus Blue Jackets 15 Dec 2018 7pm

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
According to Natural Stat Trick, high-danger chances were 18-5 in favor of #CBJ⁠ ⁠, including 8-1 in the third. So it goes...

To add to this:

advanced stats/gameflow suggests that the Jackets dominated play for nearly the entire game. Rarely do you see a gameflow this heavily favoring a team.. and of course, we lost so advanced stats and a flow chart mean little but still.

kbr6h0.jpg

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
December was supposed to be the month that we put our foot down and asserted ourselves as not only a playoff team, but a potential team to win the division and make a cup run. While the month is only half way over, we have done neither of these things and have lost significant ground on the pack.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Oh Corsi battle again. Hurricanes are Corsi champions, so what? Volume shooting means nothing.

I'm sorry, can anyone point to at least one time where Gibson was forced to move post to post to make a save. This is how you beat great goalies. Blue Jackets are allergic to cross crease passes, i'm beating a dead horse but that PP continue to rely on luck so friggin much. - "Let Jones shoot his bomb see what happens." There was one time when Wennberg passed it to Cam in front of the net and caught Gibson of guard but Cam couldn't handle the puck, that's it. They had HD chances but they either missed it, hit the post or shoot into the logo.

...and for all this shitting on Wennberg he was great defensively, Ducks had 1 scoring chance with him on the ice, and he made smart decision to pass that puck to Cam instead of shooting into Gibson who was set and ready.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Also do you really think Kings dominated last game? because according to Corsi they did!

20182019-20480-cfdiff-5v5.png

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
December was supposed to be the month that we put our foot down and asserted ourselves as not only a playoff team, but a potential team to win the division and make a cup run. While the month is only half way over, we have done neither of these things and have lost significant ground on the pack.
When have the Blue Jackets ever done what they're supposed to do? With the exception of Carter and Foote, I think all of the players have been likable and easy to root for, but the CBJ as a team simply refuse to let the city wrap its arms around them.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Oh Corsi battle again. Hurricanes are Corsi champions, so what? Volume shooting means nothing.

Last night wasn't so much fire it from everywhere, as the Canes do, but get it in the slot and whack away at it. Not as ideal as cross crease passes, but it's where a lot of goals come from. They could have expected a couple more goals.

I'm sorry, can anyone point to at least one time where Gibson was forced to move post to post to make a save.

Hmmm I think I remember such a play. ..

and he made smart decision to pass that puck to Cam instead of shooting into Gibson who was set and ready.

This one! Wennberg had the puck on his stick, and you can rewatch it yourself, Gibson was absolutely not set and ready. Not a tap-in but definitely our best look of the night.

Also do you really think Kings dominated last game? because according to Corsi they did!

20182019-20480-cfdiff-5v5.png

That looks like pure score effects to me. And somehow few of those Kings shot attempts made it to the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad