GDT: #32 – Hurricanes at Sabres – Thu Dec 22, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
I like how, with the extra skater on the ice, our apparent strategy is to chip the puck in and then let 1 Sabre go battle for the puck along with 2-3 Canes, as if we can afford to lose that puck battle. :facepalm:

at least dump the puck in w/ a high arc.

They shoot it directly in, the opposing team picks it up and out

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Maybe this will put to rest the notion that they can consistently come back from deficits.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't want to se them fall into this pattern of only thinking they have to show up for the 3rd period.

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
Team only plays hard when they're losing which is often now. Pathetic effort otherwise.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Seems more and more like this isn't a playoff team. Don't want to be average bad enough.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Brutal game, by many players.

But most importantly I want this coach gone. Our passing is so bad in comparison to even mediocre teams in the league. Definitely worst in the NHL.

You just don't win in today's NHL with Bylsma's system. Puck possession and controlled zone entries are everything.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
I was thinking the same thing. I don't want to se them fall into this pattern of only thinking they have to show up for the 3rd period.

I don't think they played that badly in the first two periods. The GAs came on a couple of ugly mistakes. Their overall play was passable.

But yeah, they can't keep getting behind. They will lose a lot more of those than they'll win

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
Matthews is on pace for 41 goals this season :( babcocks got the leafs playing some exciting hockey.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
No injury excuses. This is our team. It has not played as well as I thought it could. Until proven wrong I must assume I have overrated a lot of our players. They were slower, less organized. could not beat anyone one on one, showed a significant lack of killer instinct. Either Risto has a hole in his stick or the passes back to the point were crap--I could not tell. This is a management issue. I would bag skate the team till they puked and do so until they could win back to back games. Not that I am upset or thinking of the thousands of dollars I put out every year to watch them.....

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
And then I turn it to Leafs/Avs and Matthews snipes one. On pace for 41 goals.

I think I'll have a drink.

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
what is the point of our long stretch pass system if we havent had a single breakaway all year? All it results in is dumpins with no pressure and icings and turnovers. So sick of watching our defenseman with no pressure on them just trying to fire it into a covered forwards stick hoping for a deflection. It's a joke

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I feel like such a fool for letting this team bait me, all summer I looked forward to this season as much as any I can remember, then Eichel goes down and injuries piled up, I readjusted and my focus turned to December when Eichel would be back. The team is a mess, it's not well constructed, players underperform their talent level.

Like I said, the Leafs' record isn't better than ours but they play aggressive entertaining hockey for 60 minutes and their fans know that when they add some more upgrades they'll be a contender.

Fire Bylsma, he talks a good game but it's obvious if he has a plan he can't get his team to play for him.

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
You look around the league and you see all these young quick skilled guys on other teams coming in and making an immediate impact, then the Sabres young guys, some who are near the top of the ago in points and goals come and the results and points arent there at all. I'm getting more and more convinced that it's whatever system bylsmas running. Boring defensive loser hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad