Post-Game Talk: #31| Buffalo Sabres @ New York Islanders | December 14th | 1:00 PM | F/OTW 3-2

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Every statistic says he's a top six forward and one of the best wingers in the game, normal ones, advanced ones, any of them. He's just not flashy enough and doesn't seem to work hard enough for Bones to like him.

He barely works at all. The fastest he skates is when he is rushing off the ice.

He is a perfect example of everything which is wrong with today's NHL. Remember some guy named John Tonelli? Not the most talented guy, but worked his balls off. Tonelli is the complete opposite of Bailey -- if Bailey worked and had the passion and drive that Tonelli did, he would be deserved of top 6 player. Bailey is a perimeter player, 3rd liner, who skates the outside looking for the safe play while collecting a paycheck. Zero drive or passion in his game. Garbage.

Seph - "he's top 90 in the league" he's in the top 90 in the league? f***ing 90? Is that really something to be mentioned? I guess when your name is Josh Bailey, that's all you got.

PK says:

"On a shift to shift basis I notice that he's in the proper position, he's able to handle covering for a pinched defenseman easily, can get the puck through the neutral zone, has poise and doesn't panic with the puck in his own end, is a good passer, is good on the cycle, etc. He can play in all situations and all forward positions as well. In the shootout he has a 32.1% success rate, which is pretty good (better than Eberle, Barzal, Tavares, Okposo, Benn, Stamkos, Ovechkin etc.).

He's bad at throwing hits, shooting the puck in certain situations, generally overthinking sometimes, and he's not the fastest guy out there. That's about it. Third line players don't rank where he does in every category on a yearly basis.
Can you identify his weaknesses for me? Can you tell me where the other Islanders forwards fit in terms of what line you'd designate them?"

I've been saying all along that he is a third liner. If you agree, then we have no beef. I'm not giving credit to ANYONE for being in the proper position -- cuz they are NHL'ers and it's THEIR f***ING JOB to play the game correctly. Want me to stand up and give an ovation when he clears the puck? Is that what we have sunk to? Again -- any NHL player should be able to "not panic and clear the zone".. .My have we lowered the bar. Are we impressed with him lacing up his skates correctly too? Good thing you got the ole shootout data to help you along! Another impressive stat. Means f***ing nothing.

He's not bad at throwing hits, he doesn't at all. One of the least physical people on the team. Greiss checks more than Bailey does. You guys wanna know how Bailey has all these games? Cuz he never gets injured. How can you get hurt when you are mostly never around the puck? And never have any physical play at all? When you skate the perimeter, dump the puck in and avoid all instances where you might get hurt, of course you are going to rack up the games.

Shooting the puck in certain situations? He doesnt shoot at all, unless he has an open net. All he does is pass -- <yawn>

You need me to identify weaknesses? Go search my posts. Or maybe watch the game, nerd. I'll say it again --

What do the Islanders lose when Bailey is out of the lineup? What is the gap which needs to be filled? (that's what she said)

He doesn't shoot, so scoring is ok
Anyone at NHL level is a good passer, so we are ok there
Can't skate at all, so speed isn't impacted
Doesn't hit, so physical presence isn't impacted

He takes up minutes like a good 3rd liner should. Gets some PP and PK time too. Wonderful.

I watch his every move when he is on the ice and constantly look for things to give him credit for. Rarely happens.

So on the flip side, Ill comment on some of the other players, to give you some reference

Barzy, Beau, Eberle, Nelson - guys with offensive talent, playmaking ability, and able to finish a play - makes things happen in the O zone
Zeeker, Clut, Martin - great 4th line, hitters, makes things happen, bust their ass on the ice to impact a game, character, driven players
Johnston - knows his role, enforcer, physical presence
Lee, Leddy, Boychuk - Vets, leadership, big critical minutes logged
Mayfield- Pulock - Big blast from the point, big boys who can hit.

Bailey -- <crickets> He plays a lot of minutes?

So yes -- I have answered my own question.. In the rare case that Bailey is out of the lineup, we lose him taking all those minutes.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
He barely works at all. The fastest he skates is when he is rushing off the ice.

He is a perfect example of everything which is wrong with today's NHL. Remember some guy named John Tonelli? Not the most talented guy, but worked his balls off. Tonelli is the complete opposite of Bailey -- if Bailey worked and had the passion and drive that Tonelli did, he would be deserved of top 6 player. Bailey is a perimeter player, 3rd liner, who skates the outside looking for the safe play while collecting a paycheck. Zero drive or passion in his game. Garbage.

Seph - "he's top 90 in the league" he's in the top 90 in the league? ****ing 90? Is that really something to be mentioned? I guess when your name is Josh Bailey, that's all you got.

PK says:

"On a shift to shift basis I notice that he's in the proper position, he's able to handle covering for a pinched defenseman easily, can get the puck through the neutral zone, has poise and doesn't panic with the puck in his own end, is a good passer, is good on the cycle, etc. He can play in all situations and all forward positions as well. In the shootout he has a 32.1% success rate, which is pretty good (better than Eberle, Barzal, Tavares, Okposo, Benn, Stamkos, Ovechkin etc.).

He's bad at throwing hits, shooting the puck in certain situations, generally overthinking sometimes, and he's not the fastest guy out there. That's about it. Third line players don't rank where he does in every category on a yearly basis.
Can you identify his weaknesses for me? Can you tell me where the other Islanders forwards fit in terms of what line you'd designate them?"

I've been saying all along that he is a third liner. If you agree, then we have no beef. I'm not giving credit to ANYONE for being in the proper position -- cuz they are NHL'ers and it's THEIR ****ING JOB to play the game correctly. Want me to stand up and give an ovation when he clears the puck? Is that what we have sunk to? Again -- any NHL player should be able to "not panic and clear the zone".. .My have we lowered the bar. Are we impressed with him lacing up his skates correctly too? Good thing you got the ole shootout data to help you along! Another impressive stat. Means ****ing nothing.

He's not bad at throwing hits, he doesn't at all. One of the least physical people on the team. Greiss checks more than Bailey does. You guys wanna know how Bailey has all these games? Cuz he never gets injured. How can you get hurt when you are mostly never around the puck? And never have any physical play at all? When you skate the perimeter, dump the puck in and avoid all instances where you might get hurt, of course you are going to rack up the games.

Shooting the puck in certain situations? He doesnt shoot at all, unless he has an open net. All he does is pass -- <yawn>

You need me to identify weaknesses? Go search my posts. Or maybe watch the game, nerd. I'll say it again --

What do the Islanders lose when Bailey is out of the lineup? What is the gap which needs to be filled? (that's what she said)

He takes up minutes like a good 3rd liner should. Gets some PP and PK time too. Wonderful.

I watch his every move when he is on the ice and constantly look for things to give him credit for. Rarely happens.

So on the flip side, Ill comment on some of the other players, to give you some reference

Barzy, Beau, Eberle, Nelson - guys with offensive talent, playmaking ability, and able to finish a play - makes things happen in the O zone
Zeeker, Clut, Martin - great 4th line, hitters, makes things happen, bust their ass on the ice to impact a game, character, driven players

So yes -- I have answered my own question.. In the rare case that Bailey is out of the lineup, we lose him taking all those minutes.
Too long.

Reactions: eoin92

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

No passion, no drive.

I've been saying all along that he is a third liner. If you agree, then we have no beef. I'm not giving credit to ANYONE for being in the proper position -- cuz they are NHL'ers and it's THEIR ****ING JOB to play the game correctly. Want me to stand up and give an ovation when he clears the puck? Is that what we have sunk to? Again -- any NHL player should be able to "not panic and clear the zone".. .My have we lowered the bar. Are we impressed with him lacing up his skates correctly too? Good thing you got the ole shootout data to help you along! Another impressive stat. Means ****ing nothing.

Proper positioning, easiest thing in the world.

Never hits.

Never shoots, only passes.

Puck Takes Crazy Bounce, Josh Bailey Finishes Off Passing By Anders Lee, Mathew Barzal

They wouldn't miss a thing.

Josh Bailey 2018-19 Season Highlights

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
He is a perfect example of everything which is wrong with today's NHL. Remember some guy named John Tonelli?
I stopped reading after this sentence but it reminded me of something...

“Nothing is as good as it used to be, and it never was. The 'golden age of sports,' the golden age of anything, is the age of everyone's childhood.”
― Ken Dryden

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
No passion, no drive.

Proper positioning, easiest thing in the world.

Never hits.

Never shoots, only passes.

Puck Takes Crazy Bounce, Josh Bailey Finishes Off Passing By Anders Lee, Mathew Barzal

They wouldn't miss a thing.

Josh Bailey 2018-19 Season Highlights

Lol. Want me to cherry pick some clips of Mike Comrie? Lmao..

Just because there are clips of joshua shooting, passing, and a what.. a f***ing slew foot?

Comon.. i guess that is the best you can do? Or maybe you just wanna continue to gas me up and continue this? You know I'm game.

Josh proves my point almost every game.

And notice I didnt even mention all his incredibly stupid plays. Can your YouTube find those too?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Lol. Want me to cherry pick some clips of Mike Comrie? Lmao..

Just because there are clips of joshua shooting, passing, and a what.. a ****ing slew foot?

Comon.. i guess that is the best you can do? Or maybe you just wanna continue to gas me up and continue this? You know I'm game.

Josh proves my point almost every game.

And notice I didnt even mention all his incredibly stupid plays. Can your YouTube find those too?

Sure.

You just discredit everything about his game and keep saying to watch him. I've provided enough over the years and even here in this thread. He's a top six hockey player in the NHL. He's a former All Star too. You just keep inventing reasons why the things that make him a good player don't matter, like how every NHLer should have good positioning, even though they don't. You don't care about his defense, his passing, his scoring, his ability to play any position, or in any situation. You want to see him skate harder, hit stuff, and look busy.

"Don't confuse activity for achievement."

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Sure.

You just discredit everything about his game and keep saying to watch him. I've provided enough over the years and even here in this thread. He's a top six hockey player in the NHL. He's a former All Star too. You just keep inventing reasons why the things that make him a good player don't matter, like how every NHLer should have good positioning, even though they don't. You don't care about his defense, his passing, his scoring, his ability to play any position, or in any situation. You want to see him skate harder, hit stuff, and look busy.

"Don't confuse activity for achievement."

What in the hell is so good about his defense? Hes barely on the plus side!

I dont need make anything up. His play tells me everything i need to know.

I DO care about his passing scoring and defense, problem is that there isnt enough of it.

Back to my question. What exactly do we lose when he is out if the games besides someone filling minutes?

Until I hear back, I'll assume you agree with me and we're in agreement that he is solid third liner, who brings nothing to the table.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What in the hell is so good about his defense? Hes barely on the plus side!

I dont need make anything up. His play tells me everything i need to know.

I DO care about his passing scoring and defense, problem is that there isnt enough of it.

Back to my question. What exactly do we lose when he is out if the games besides someone filling minutes?

Until I hear back, I'll assume you agree with me and we're in agreement that he is solid third liner, who brings nothing to the table.

I've already answered, you didn't like the answer. You stink. Good day.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I guess I'll have to point out how bad of a player Bailey is each time on the GDT.

People will love that.

And yes..I'll give him props if he makes a good play..... until then? Nap

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Take the picture, make it a meme with the word PASSION on it. Bones will puke.
“Pride. Passion. Cup.”- Brett Yormark (2016)

DUmFSD7VoAASySb.jpg

Reactions: PK Cronin

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I love the fact that the next time Bailey f***s up (about 24 hrs from now probably) everyone is going to see it ,, some will acknowledge it...and will think of me. "Damn that Bones"

And then if he does something great.. well all be cheering....

Either way, its good.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I love the fact that the next time Bailey ****s up (about 24 hrs from now probably) everyone is going to see it ,, some will acknowledge it...and will think of me. "Damn that Bones"

And then if he does something great.. well all be cheering....

Either way, its good.
How is Memorial Sloane Kettering supposed to rid the world of cancer when you keep going around creating more of it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad