30 Teams in 30 Days - Vancouver OHL Review

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I imagine you are only covering the top 5 OHL players for each time?

What about a guy like Liberati?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I imagine you are only covering the top 5 OHL players for each time?

What about a guy like Liberati?

I cover as many players as that NHL team as prospects in the OHL.

As he was not signed by Vancouver, Liberati is no longer Canucks property and thus not mentioned.

Overall, Vancouver probably made a good choice there. Liberati did improve this year with North Bay under Stan Butler. But he's not a serious pro prospect. Good skater with some good puck skills, but not a natural offensive defender and as such I don't think he'd be a big point producer at the next level. And of course his size and overall defensive acumen wouldn't profile him as a stay at home guy either. He should be a solid OA for North Bay next year though.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Nice read.

I really like McCann and Cassels. I expect them to be on the Canucks playing a role sooner then later.

Cassels and Boeser are my 2 favourite canucks prospects.

I'm cautiously optimistic Cassels can crack the canucks lineup.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Cassels and Boeser are my 2 favourite canucks prospects.

I'm cautiously optimistic Cassels can crack the canucks lineup.

Yeah I really liked the Boeser pick as well. Though this article is about OHL players.

I know Cassels will probably take a couple more years to physically mature, but he might be smart enough to get onto the roster and stick.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Good read, always enjoy following your work all year round. You seem pretty high on Cassels, found it interesting that you view him and McCann as a 1A/1B in terms of Canucks OHL prospects.

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
Appreciate your work on this. Plus gives me a chance to figure out which 67s games to go to this season.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Yeah I really liked the Boeser pick as well. Though this article is about OHL players.

I know Cassels will probably take a couple more years to physically mature, but he might be smart enough to get onto the roster and stick.
I hope they bring him up for every game against the Edmonton Oilers :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad