30 Teams in 30 Days - Toronto's OHL Prospect review

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Great read Brock

Travis Dermott top 5 for Dmen scoring prediction would be great and Erie PP should be dynamic even without McDavid.

There are some real offensive Dmen in the O so that would be quite an accomplishment.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Great read Brock

Travis Dermott top 5 for Dmen scoring prediction would be great and Erie PP should be dynamic even without McDavid.

There are some real offensive Dmen in the O so that would be quite an accomplishment.

He finished 12th this past year, and he was first in the playoffs. 5 of the Top 12 are graduating to the pros. So logical progression says…it's definitely possible.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
He finished 12th this past year, and he was first in the playoffs. 5 of the Top 12 are graduating to the pros. So logical progression says…it's definitely possible.

It's certainly possible and Erie still will be explosive.

I was just thinking with big offensive Dmen like Rasmus Andersson, Vince Dunn, Vande Sompel, Jakob Chychrun and even my sleeper pick Victor Mete (London) that top 5 for Dermott would be great but not something I was expecting.

Going to be fun following him this year, but without McDavid I think some of the remaining Erie players may see a drop or evening out of their stats effect. Mark Hunter really sees something special in him also having him ranked as 1st rounder on talent.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
It's certainly possible and Erie still will be explosive.

I was just thinking with big offensive Dmen like Rasmus Andersson, Vince Dunn, Vande Sompel, Jakob Chychrun and even my sleeper pick Victor Mete (London) that top 5 for Dermott would be great but not something I was expecting.

Going to be fun following him this year, but without McDavid I think some of the remaining Erie players may see a drop or evening out of their stats effect. Mark Hunter really sees something special in him also having him ranked as 1st rounder on talent.

It's certainly possible. There are quite a few talented defenders in the OHL right now. The guys you mentioned and others like Capobianco, Sean Day, Gustav Bouramman, and others could be in for big increases too.

But Erie should still be a solid team. Good group of overagers, Dylan Strome, etc. It will definitely be fun to track his progress.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
kind of a disappointing review of Korostelev

Overlooking his shoulder injury when mentioning

But he also needs to find the physical aggression that he played with as an OHL rookie in 2013/2014. With his size and skill, adding that power element to his game will be key to his development.

seems like an oversight.

He was leading scorer for his team with that injury, and had a slightly better PPG than Zacha.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It's certainly possible. There are quite a few talented defenders in the OHL right now. The guys you mentioned and others like Capobianco, Sean Day, Gustav Bouramman, and others could be in for big increases too.

But Erie should still be a solid team. Good group of overagers, Dylan Strome, etc. It will definitely be fun to track his progress.

Certainly expecting Strome and DeBrincat to light it up this year and Dermott will be a part of that, particularly on the PP.

I thought you nailed Dermott as "Mr. Everything" as I see him as a jack of all trades as well, just not necessarily as an offensive force like some of the other OHL dmen who force the offense constantly as pure PMD in some cases. Dermott actually is willing to play defense as well and not constantly thinking attack only.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00