Speculation: 3-way Habs/Isles/Avs

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

I’m not advocating, suggesting, or implying this is possible, I’m just curious what something like a 3-way deal involving the Habs/Avs/Isles would look like.
Assume, purely for purpose of speculation and conversation;
Mtl gets Tavares
NYI get Duchene

What goes to Colorado?
What is added to Duchene for the Isles?

Spybot

May 12, 2014
The whole idea of trading for Duchene is to have a strong 2C to play behind Tavares. Amazing thread my man. Even as a "pure speculation" this doesn't make any sense at all.
Some other 1C.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Tavares wouldn't go astray in Montreal right now. Duchene could be an adequate replacement for the Islanders. If the Avs can get 2 good defenseman in return it could be win win for all 3 teams.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

I’m not advocating, suggesting, or implying this is possible, I’m just curious what something like a 3-way deal involving the Habs/Avs/Isles would look like.
Mtl gets Tavares
NYI get Duchene

What goes to Colorado?

No.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Oh goodie. Another "give up your 1C for these scraps" proposal where everyone gets screwed but the Habs. It's been at least 10 minutes since the last one.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Is this the new HFBoards fan trades Montreal strategy lol? Involve a 3rd team to give up all the prospects for you?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Mtl gets Tavares
NYI get Duchene

What goes to Colorado?

nothing because NYI management has no interest in moving Tavares. For months the press has reported the isles out of the Duchene bidding. Price is way too steep.
Also, when the Isles look to add to their roster, I think we will see them shop one of their 1st, one of their 2nds and the glut of solid, blueline prospects.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Mtl gets Tavares
NYI get Duchene

What goes to Colorado?

Connor McDavid to the Islanders! Boom! I don't know where I get these flashes of brilliance, I just do. You guys figure out the details, I need to rest my overworked brain.

Reactions: MartinMcc

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The Habs don't have the assets to bring in either a guy like Duchene or Tavares. Dumb thread.
I agree. Habs fans ignore that for months the Habs have pushed hard for a Duchene trade and been unable to pull it off.
They ignore that Isles ownership and management have said they are waiting on NYS to decide who wins the Belmont land bid. That decision likely won't happen until Feb./ March. Press is saying Isles have told teams not to call about Tavares until after Jan 30th, the opt out date for the Barclays lease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad