Proposal: 3 Trades for the Hawks and Draft

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Trade Jokiharju to Montreal for their 1st Round Pick 15th Overall
Draft Broberg, Knight or Newhook
Why? Joki is a good d-man and has value but is horrible defensively

Trade Mitchell to Colorado for Bowers
Why? Mitchell seems like he is prolonging his signing to become a UFA and walk for nothing. Keep him in Denver and get a decent forward for him

Trade Forsling to TB for Callahan and their 1st Round pick this year
Draft Afansyev, Beecher, Foote or Rees
Why? We have the money to give TB cap relief on Callahan but can acquire another 1st

Draft Byram 3rd Overall

Stock the cupboard this offseason and never look back

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Trade Jokiharju to Montreal for their 1st Round Pick 15th Overall
Draft Broberg, Knight or Newhook
Why? Joki is a good d-man and has value but is horrible defensively

Trade Mitchell to Colorado for Bowers
Why? Mitchell seems like he is prolonging his signing to become a UFA and walk for nothing. Keep him in Denver and get a decent forward for him

Trade Forsling to TB for Callahan and their 1st Round pick this year
Draft Afansyev, Beecher, Foote or Rees
Why? We have the money to give TB cap relief on Callahan but can acquire another 1st

Draft Byram 3rd Overall

Stock the cupboard this offseason and never look back

How’d you come to that conclusion?

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Broberg is way better than Joki, bigger, stronger and more offensively

Mitchell is gonna walk for nothing, Bowers is a former first and already signed pro

Add a 1st to absorb someones stupid contract for a year

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Big no to the first proposal.

No to the 2nd... Mitchell just finished his sophomore year, if he went back for his senior year, then maybe... but given that somewhat recent article in the athletic, he doesn’t seem to have that kind of entitlement that it takes to run on a team a la khayes, vesey, etc. Actually quite the opposite he seems extremely grateful to be where he is.

3rd option I really like. Prolly not gunna miss forsling too much, Cally at his worst is a good locker room guy and teammate. I guess the big question is if tampa accepts.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
This whole thread makes no sense and in general belongs on the main boards.
Joker is a good dman but horrible defensively? It what was way does that make any sense.
Mitchell for bowers is maybe ok. But in what way is he delaying his signing with the hawks longterm? Because he is waiting a year? He will sign when his season is over.
Tampa is not getting rid of a number 1 pick to lose Callahan for only
Forsling.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Broberg is way better than Joki, bigger, stronger and more offensively

Mitchell is gonna walk for nothing, Bowers is a former first and already signed pro

Add a 1st to absorb someones stupid contract for a year
after his first 40 plus NHL games, Keith was called far worse than a bad dman...Chihuahua on skates I believe it was...

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
What makes you think forsling is worth a first rounder? Even with a cap dump attached I dont see the lightning making that deal.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Why would the Hawks be trading a 19 year old Joker for the 15th overall pick? If Joker was draft eligible today, he'd be picked higher than 15th. The Hawks would be destroying value by trading him for the 15th pick.

Reactions: Drumman44

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well the Callahan take the cap git for Forsling and getting back the TB 1st rounder is a no brainers...agree with that 100%...Draft Goalie Pyotr Kochetkin with that TB pick. ...future#1goalie position would be solved.

No brainer if we could pull this off.

Callahan could be carried on 4th line for the 1yr left on his deal....but if he cannot help on the pk then simply staple him to the bench for the upcoming season.

I think it is True that Joki lacks in the muscle game.e...shoving guys off pucks and clearing the crease game...But this is Also true for ALL our pipeline smallish pnd types.. Nor will any of them be great as short blocking pk guys either...This Also applies to Byram...so if "bad defensively"simply means losing g the getgi g pushed around game...then Ny dman motor 6'2 and over 200lbs is going g to fail in these aspects .. especially when stillyoing and even smaller bodies not tet matured and filled out for max strength and balance ..

Joki is not bad defensi ely...rather just getting out-muscled by bigger stronger matured nhl vets...but so will Mitchell Beaudin Boqvist and Byram if we draft him...Some of these might get stronger as they get older and mitigate this somewHat but it will never be totally not an issue with smaller and types...never...

So if we have to many of the same pmd types of less than optimal size and strength abilities for shoving guts off the puck and blocking ability,then we should deal off some of the excess of this pmd type for more of the size and strength we are missing in our d-yute coming infisikns.

Thus IF we traded Joki for the Mtl 15th and trade Mitchell for the Colorado 1st rounder...the only reason to do this would be to add such Big dman solutions to balance off the types of dman in the pipeline ...If we could get Broberg at #15 and Moritz Seider with the Avs pick...sure I would do that..but will they last that long?= doubtful.

Both probably gone even before#15..

If however 1of them is there with those pick slots then we should make some kind of deal ..

I think apart from trading off excess smallish pmds,we could be dealing Saad...perhaps for a pick in the top 9-12 range ...We could get Broberg or Seider there in that range.

Last edited:

Geoist

May 1, 2015
[QUOTE="echlfreak[/quote]
Why? Joki is a good d-man and has value but is horrible defensively[/quote]

Good dman but horrible defensively?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its only for 1 year

I would love to take 1st but I think they can find a team with a lot of cap room to take it for a 2nd + mid level prospect

Looking around NHL there are options for TB. I myself thought they would need to include 1st but looking more into it there are probably option's

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Its only for 1 year

I would love to take 1st but I think they can find a team with a lot of cap room to take it for a 2nd + mid level prospect

Looking around NHL there are options for TB. I myself thought they would need to include 1st but looking more into it there are probably option's

I mean if that turns out to be the value then I would consider that as well. 2nd round pick could be used on my russian goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad