Prospect Info: //#3 Tiebreaker// HFStars 2014 Top-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Personally I'm the most concerned about Oleksiak's future as I have been since his draft. What I saw during the Calder Cup run didn't inspire tons of confidence, with the caveat that playing as much as he did on a championship team is an achievement in and of itself. Midway through the year he was in my top 3 but has since fallen out of my top 5. He's a real tough prospect to get a handle on, as he's not really following the path of being a defensive stalwart first and foremost. I swear when I watch him I see a player whose strengths veer toward the offensive side of the game even though the accompanying point production hasn't panned out yet either. Most of all I'm worried that his decision making in his own zone doesn't happen at NHL speeds.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Personally I'm the most concerned about Oleksiak's future as I have been since his draft. What I saw during the Calder Cup run didn't inspire tons of confidence, with the caveat that playing as much as he did on a championship team is an achievement in and of itself. Midway through the year he was in my top 3 but has since fallen out of my top 5. He's a real tough prospect to get a handle on, as he's not really following the path of being a defensive stalwart first and foremost. I swear when I watch him I see a player whose strengths veer toward the offensive side of the game even though the accompanying point production hasn't panned out yet either. Most of all I'm worried that his decision making in his own zone doesn't happen at NHL speeds.

Agree 100%.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Going with Dickinson based on gut, but by no means should anyone be down on Oleksiak. His development is right on track in regards to his size.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I voted for Oleksiak the first rime around. After reading through everyones discussion about these two (especially Starry Knights comments about Dickinson) I'm changing my vote to Dickinson. He has high end skating, skill and two way ability which almost guarantees he will make an impact in the NHL. I believe he will be a very good top 6 player whether it be on the wing or at center.

MetalGodAOD*

Oleksiak stagnated last year, and he's going to drop some spots because of it. J-Dick all the way.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, I voted Dickinson. I've seen flashes of great play from Oleksiak, but I worry he'll never quite put it together. He lacks consistency and I'm not convinced he made big gains from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad