May 30, 2013
Offense is nice

Defense is pure garbage

Skjei was the worst player on the ice tonight

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Just trade Wrath already. AV is a dufus.

It's going to be a long year with a lot of games like this.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Defense was phenomeal until the third period.

Holden needs to go away. Klein needs to come back. And we desperately need a defense man still. :laugh:

Oh and kreider is p good

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Zooks was on for 4 of our goals and no SJ goals. Plus 4. Not bad.

Fast also made 2-3 very good plays/passes

Congrats Jimmy V!!!

BradySkjei

Oct 14, 2016
Good news is, Raanta gave up a softie, we played strong box out defense for two periods, and Kevin Klein will improve our line up.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Played good until the third. Started giving up too much room in the neutral zone I thought, which gave San Jose tons of speed and time. Klein being back would help a lot

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Defense was phenomeal until the third period.

Holden needs to go away. Klein needs to come back. And we desperately need a defense man still. :laugh:

Oh and kreider is p good

Holden is a 3rd pairing defenseman playing top pairing on his offside. I think he was okay all things considered.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m happy that Zuci got less ice time in this game - he had long preseason for sure.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Although to be fair look at the goals given up against the isles and mostly tonight the forwards more at fault not picking up trailers than the dmen screwing up.

oh for sure this is a continuing problem with this team and partly a consequence of the idea that they want to push up the ice with speed so much. Sometimes forwards are ready to fly the zone too quickly and a little turnover can result in them in a bad position to get back into play, so it's really really important for everyone deep in the zone to not turn it over cleanly.

Also, that line for the Sharks is ridiculously good so I don't feel terrible that the Rangers let them score but you can't keep going through the season with a 3+ GAA

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I don't think the "win or lose every game 7-4 or 5-4 or whatever" thing is really sustainable, like I don't think it's AV's natural tendency to want that, but it's fun to watch.

With this roster they probably need a forward-for-defense trade, but if the right thing's not available then who knows? I think Staal's been kind of underrated. Maybe Skjei, Clendening or McIlrath will look better in a bigger role.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
That's why we can't trade KK unless you don't care about this season. Mcilrath doesn't have future with this team which means unless clendening pans out we have zero decent RHD

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well, this night Oscars go to Vesey first NHL goal, Kreids great beginning of a new season, & Zuci for +4. :)

*Bob Richards*

I'm going to reiterate it probably for the 50th time but this season is going to be absolutely wild. :laugh:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
So many players played great tonight and had their best game of the season:

Kreider, Vesey, Hayes, Staal, McD, Zucc, Nash..all STUDS today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad