Prospect Info: 3 Round Mock Draft

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I was looking for the Draft Sim to come out for this draft, but have not seen one yet.

What are some scenario's you would like to see in the first few rounds for Detroit?

We have a first rounder, two 2nd's, and a 3rd this year. (three 4th rounders)

Currently Tankathon has us drafting #12, but I expect us to be drafting around 7-11.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Here are some Scenarios I would like:

RD1: Brad Lambert, C/W
RD2: David Goyette, C
RD2: Jordan Gustafson, C
RD3: Ruslan Gazizov, LW

RD1: Connor Geekie, C
RD2: Jani Nyman, LW
RD2: Lane Hutson, LD
RD3: Matthew Ward, C

RD1: Frank Nazar, C/W
RD2: Viktor Neuchev, C
RD2: Danny Zilkhin, C
RD3: Jake Livanavage, LD

RD1: Filip Mesar C/W
RD2: Adam Ingram, C
RD2: Mats Lindgren, LD
RD3: Hunter Haight, C

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone have any guys they are targeting in round 2/3?

Looks like with Bob's recent ranking there could be some good Cs available in round 2: Ingram, Kulich, Poitras, Ostlund

Reactions: lilidk

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
From where we are going to pick, I like two guys that I think will be on the rise before the draft:

Jonathan Lekkerimaki
Marco Kasper

I feel both may be able to play C in the NHL but even if they don't they will be very talented players. I'd rather have a rising player in the draft than one that is falling. Just me I guess.

In the second round:

first pick- Ludwig Persson or Luca Del Bel Belluz (both very talented and could be late first rounders)
second pick- Lian Bichsel or Maveric Lamoureux (big D-men who can skate)

Third Round:

Kirill Dolzhenkov- huge RW who scores at will. Must not be the greatest skater to fall into the third round but I would take a flier on him here.

Reactions: bedtime20

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
It would be nice to use a simulator. I could totally see something like this though:

10: Brad Lambert, C/W | The narrative around Lambert reminds me enough of the noise around Raymond during his draft year.
43: Lian Bichsel, LD | Looks like the prototypical second rounder for us (Tuomisto, Wallinder, Buium).
58: Viktor Neuchev, C | I have no idea if Neuchev would fall this far, but I like what I've read about him.
75: Devin Kaplan, RW | I'd take a gamble on this kid. He's not consistent, but he's shown he can be an impact player.

Edit: formatting

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I was looking for the Draft Sim to come out for this draft, but have not seen one yet.

What are some scenario's you would like to see in the first few rounds for Detroit?

We have a first rounder, two 2nd's, and a 3rd this year. (three 4th rounders)

Currently Tankathon has us drafting #12, but I expect us to be drafting around 7-11.
You're forgetting Vrana will be back.... though the last report said he wasn't shooting yet, which is not good.

I'm not doing research this season because every draft leaves me disappointed. But it's interesting reading everyone's take.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
You're forgetting Vrana will be back.... though the last report said he wasn't shooting yet, which is not good.

I'm not doing research this season because every draft leaves me disappointed. But it's interesting reading everyone's take.
You spend so much time watching videos and in the end you are wondering why we draft those guys on the second round.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Presuming 12th/44th/56th/76th and who McKenzie's list has available in those spots

1st: Mesar--from what I have seen/read has potential to be the Necas/Farabee type pick in the 12-15 range
2nd: Bystedt--big and Swedish screams Detroit pick
2nd: Ronni--Finnish version of Bystedt
3rd: Hamara--one of my favorite underrated D. Excellent skater with solid 200 ft game.
Bonus: with one of the 4ths I think Adam Engstrom is a great pick. Another D who while considered defense-first is able to produce at a reasonable clip in the Swedish J-20 league.

EDIT: Just noticed that Hamara doesn't meet the criteria as McKenzie's list has him in the 2nd round. In that case, I like Havelid in the 3rd.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Presuming 12th/44th/56th/76th and who McKenzie's list has available in those spots

1st: Mesar--from what I have seen/read has potential to be the Necas/Farabee type pick in the 12-15 range
2nd: Bystedt--big and Swedish screams Detroit pick
2nd: Ronni--Finnish version of Bystedt
3rd: Hamara--one of my favorite underrated D. Excellent skater with solid 200 ft game.
Bonus: with one of the 4ths I think Adam Engstrom is a great pick. Another D who while considered defense-first is able to produce at a reasonable clip in the Swedish J-20 league.

Big fan of Hamara in round 2/3. I see a lot of Necas when I watch Mesar.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You spend so much time watching videos and in the end you are wondering why we draft those guys on the second round.
Yeah, the chances of the team picking a player you like is so unlikely. I wanted Zegras/Drysdale so I might as well be a Ducks fan now. Other than Edvinsson, I don't think I got a single pick right since Mantha, lol.

The Kraken did pick one of my later round picks, Carson Lambos' partner. I thought he looked better at times than Lambos.

Reactions: lilidk

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
FC Hockey
Let the disappointment begin! Restocking that forward pipeline. 11. Mesar 43. Luca Del Bel Belluz 53. Ludwig Persson

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
FC Hockey
FC hockey has their 22 rankings for their mock draft tool now.

This was what I got with my first 3:

11 - Geekie
43- Pickering
53- Nyman
75- Zhilkin

11- Mesar
43- Del Bel Belluz
53- Lindgren
75- Kaskimaki

11- Mirosnichenko
43- Goyette
53- Gustafson
75- Booth

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Did a 7 rounder for fun... tried something different taking Jiricek first.
qWRntzE.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad