Bruins Classics GDT 3 PM NBC - 2013 SCF GAME 6 - 17 ******* SECONDS

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-4-19_14-29-27.png

Tonight's Officials

Referees Wes McCauley (4) & Dan O'Halloran (13)
Linesmen Pierre Racicot (65) & Jay Sharrers (57)
Supervisors Terry Gregson, Kris King

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

That morning a Chicago radio station honored Rene :rant:
(actually it was kind of funny)

As heard on Brandmeier Show WGN Radio Chicago. No disrespect intended. This is comedy. Audio & idea by Edwardo, video by Squirehogg, assist from Petey Sozay. We respect Rene Rancourt- he served our country and is a national treasure. But any neutral observer would agree his anthem is over the top wacky.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
I've never watched this game in full. Was on a flight from Chicago after watching Game 5 and had the pilot give the entire plane the news the Hawks had won.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
It was an epic meltdown in 17 seconds, but I always remind myself they'd still have had to win Game 7 in Chicago had they not folded.

I'm at peace with this loss (which should in no way be construed that I'm going to watch this ;)). That Hawks team was loaded with stars in their primes, and it was a shortened season.

Last year's loss to St. Louis is a different story. I thought the B's were the better team and Game 7 was in Boston.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It was an epic meltdown in 17 seconds, but I always remind myself they'd still have had to win Game 7 in Chicago had they not folded.

I'm at peace with this loss (which should in no way be construed that I'm going to watch this ;)). That Hawks team was loaded with stars in their primes, and it was a shortened season.

Last year's loss to St. Louis is a different story. I thought the B's were the better team and Game 7 was in Boston.

Not even a debate to me either... Chicago winning isn't something to be upset over. They deserved it although it should have gone to Game 7.

Last year was just a clear abomination by the NHL. The pivot from the Bruins scoring the 4 PP goals and the NHL stepping in after the Blues' whining is indisputable. That forever will be tainted.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The funny thing there is no real hate towards Chicago like we have with Vancouver and St. Louis.

I still don't believe Bergie played this game - he should have been back in a Chicago hospital room.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well, if Bergeron played with all those injuries, I can finish up the rest of this move in the next couple hours. I'm fairly certain I haven't punctured a lung. Yet. o_O

Reactions: Fenway

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I never realized that Looch was the #1 star of the game despite the ending. I've tried to repress that night, but one of my memories was that Looch did absolutely take over in the third period and should've got the winning goal.

I'm not watching and don't really want to watch. It's not somehting I want to relive, such a gut punch for an amazing playoff run and a great series to end so suddenly and tragically. We deserved a game 7, though with Bergeron playing on a collapsed lung and the other injuries we had, they likely wouldn't have taken the seventh game in Chicago. But still, terrible ending.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I never realized that Looch was the #1 star of the game despite the ending. I've tried to repress that night, but one of my memories was that Looch did absolutely take over in the third period and should've got the winning goal.

I'm not watching and don't really want to watch. It's not somehting I want to relive, such a gut punch for an amazing playoff run and a great series to end so suddenly and tragically. We deserved a game 7, though with Bergeron playing on a collapsed lung and the other injuries we had, they likely wouldn't have taken the seventh game in Chicago. But still, terrible ending.

The Blackhawks suddenly had a chance to close us out and took it - I have always thought Claude should have called a timeout after the tying goal but....

The Blackhawks did NOT want a Game 7 even at home

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Right before Lucic scored I was reminded how much the puck was bouncing around that night and how horrible the ice was. I didn’t want to re-live all the swipes Krejci and Seidenberg took at the puck right before Chicago tied the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad