#3 pick in the 2018 draft

Which one do you pick at #3?

• Total voters

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Don't want to derail your thread OP, but why is Svechnikov a lock for #2? Call me a homer, but I'd hesitate between KK and him as #2 (this goes back to before the draft but I still had Svechnikov in front of him but didn't adhere to the ''there are 2 clear cuts Dahlin then Svech then the others'' crowd).

Performing as good (or even better than some) at the NHL level while being the youngest of the crew makes it easy to me.

As for your poll, Kotkaniemi is my pick now & long term.

Last edited:

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Kotkaniemi isn't my pick now, because well he's nearly a full year younger than Tkachuk and hence is a lot less physically mature, but I have no doubt he's the way to go in the long run.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Just pick what your team needs lol. There's nothing separating these players.

Zadina needs to pick it up though his WJC performance was embarassing

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Canucks so I go with QuHu, a potential #1D or top pairing offensive D who can skate like the wind is more important than a third C, my 2nd pick would be Tkachuk

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Svechnikov seems like a guy who’s going to get better later on so I would select him right here and out Tkachuk second.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kravtsov ainec

probably Tkachuk or Hughes though. I had Hughes 3rd in my final rankings (Tkachuk 7th) but Tkachuk is really impressing me this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad