Prospect Info: #3 Overall Pick! Who do we take? (poll updated)

Who should we take third overall?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
The consensus seems to be that we should pick either Byram or Turcotte. Who do you think would be better for our franchise going forward? Or if you'd rather pick someone else, who and why?

Mod note: Original poll results were...

1. Bowen Byram

67 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. *
    Alex Turcotte

26 vote(s)
    22.6%
  3. Brett Leason

6 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. Someone else (please state who)

16 vote(s)
    13.9%

Last edited by a moderator:

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
If we could trade back to around 8-10 to pick Krebs and pick up another 1st, we should do that. Or pick Turcotte @ 3 and be damn happy.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
Holy . All the complaints about tanking and they ge5 the third pick anyways. Amazing rebuild season truly.

After the top two guys is there a player that can come right in now and make an impact?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
God I hope the Rangers take Byram with all their wingers.

If not, give me Byram, Podkolzin or Turcotte. HM to Cozens who I like alot too.

Reactions: Drumman44

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
At first I thought 3rd OA was worst case scenario, but now I’m thinking it’s not at all.

Can further load up the defense. Can trade it and drop back. Would it even be the end of the world if you traded it for a haul and not even got pick back this year?

So many options.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Rather just go with Byram instead of trade back given we need a premium LHD and maybe Beaudin is a nice 2nd pair guy but we need that blue chip guy to take the reigns from Keith at some point and adding him to the mix could also free up a couple defenseman to make a hockey trade for another top 6 forward. That's assuming Kakko is gone and they don't want to go with Turcotte or Dach with the emergence of Strome. It s also an option to have Toews-Strome-Turcotte down the middle though. This is a good problem to have.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
What would it take you think to jump from 3 to 2?

Would you do 3 + Beaudin for 2?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Turcotte.

Local kid, best defensive center in the draft, his PPG has been huge this season and translates to an elite forward (smaller sample size because of his injury, but very promising).

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Rather just go with Byram instead of trade back given we need a premium LHD and maybe Beaudin is a nice 2nd pair guy but we need that blue chip guy to take the reigns from Keith at some point and adding him to the mix could also free up a couple defenseman to make a hockey trade for another top 6 forward.

Bingo. That is why it's such an enticing option. Byram might not be that generational Dahlin like talent, but dammit I'll take a LH Drew Doughty with more offensive upside anyday (this is assuming Kakko is gone).

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I don’t like Cozens or Dach like other people do. There’s way too much risk with Podz as well. I’d much rather go Byram or Turcotte.

Just looking at Dach or Cozens, their numbers aren’t nearly as impressive even compared to Strome. So if you’re looking for another Strome, it’s likely not in those two.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
How good is Bryam though? You don't go best player at the 3rd spot?
nobody is saying he is the best player in this draft, but he is CLEARLY the best dman in this draft. his offensive instincts/skating/edge work/IQ are near elite - he is physical, plays defense and simply does everything you could ever want from a dman out there. think young Doughty or McAvoy top player...these kids don't grow on trees and we are in a position to add one to a talented crop of young dmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad