Prospect Info: #3 Overall Pick Discussion - Part 2

Who should the Hawks pick at #3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm still not completely caught up with that 1st thread, but just have to say how amazing getting that 3rd overall pick has been to the discussions around here. Instead of posters leaving, I've been seeing names that I haven't seen post here in years.

Happy to see this place won't be a complete ghost town despite the team being off for half a year.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
I pretty much guarantee the blackhawks brass is going to take Bowen Byram ( the top rated defence prospect ).Lack of defence is the blackhawks main reason they fid not make the playoffs.This pick would the best for the future and the safest pick ...You can draft your centers and wingers in the other rounds.Forwards are easier to come by in free agency then defenceman.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
So one thing I want to do is to dive into each of the top four vote-getters from the previous thread's poll in more detail. I like the work that Last Word on Hockey does so I'll use their prospect assessments as a starting point.

Podkolzin: Vasili Podkolzin Scouting Report: 2019 NHL Draft #3 -

Byram: Bowen Byram Scouting Report: 2019 NHL Draft #4 - Last Word on Hockey

Turcotte: Alex Turcotte Scouting Report: 2019 NHL Draft #5 - Last Word on Hockey

Cozens: Dylan Cozens Scouting Report: 2019 NHL Draft #6 - Last Word on Hockey

Any comments on these scouting reports?

Reactions: deytookerjaabs

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Hawks currently have a top pair D in Keith and a couple of second pair guys in Murphy and Gus. This team badly needs a better PK, better goaltending, better depth of forwards which will significantly help team D and another top 4 D. The top 4 D could be Joki or even Forsling taking the step if we do not acquire someone new. Hawks need to be busy in FA/Trades. I would take the game plan of the Islanders last year and acquire two or three bottom six players who can play tough minutes and get a 1A/1B goalie to platoon.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hawks currently have a top pair D in Keith and a couple of second pair guys in Murphy and Gus. This team badly needs a better PK, better goaltending, better depth of forwards which will significantly help team D and another top 4 D. The top 4 D could be Joki or even Forsling taking the step if we do not acquire someone new. Hawks need to be busy in FA/Trades. I would take the game plan of the Islanders last year and acquire two or three bottom six players who can play tough minutes and get a 1A/1B goalie to platoon.

Someone who gets it! :clap:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
@ChiHawks10

It's not a key argument. I'm spitballing different ideas with regards to the pick the Hawks make...and different reasons why they could make that pick...

Whereas you seem like you're just trying to stir **** up with something completely unrelated to the conversation. I think they call that trolling, right?

Definitely wasn’t trying to troll or start anything. I found humor in the irony, that’s all.

I’ll just leave and let this place self implode as it seems everyone is on-edge and wanting to take everything as negatively as possible.

It’s a shame as everyone should be in a fantastic mood given the amazing gift we’ve been handed.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
@ChiHawks10

Definitely wasn’t trying to troll or start anything. I found humor in the irony, that’s all.

I’ll just leave and let this place self implode as it seems everyone is on-edge and wanting to take everything as negatively as possible.

It’s a shame as everyone should be in a fantastic mood given the amazing gift we’ve been handed.

Not taking anything negatively, but with the posts you were making... it was pretty damn obvious it was gonna stir the pot... :laugh:

On to more discussions about the picks... but time for me to leave work. Gonna have to wait till later.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
And I forgot to write this in my post from a couple minutes ago, but here is a reminder of why we should trust Mark Kelly and his staff...

DFXpf3dXsAALzsg.png:large

This is from two years ago, but we had the most scouts in the league at that time. I'd imagine we've either shifted some of our pro or 'other' scouts to amateur scouts or have just hired more amateur scouts since we started missing the playoffs and having a larger need on scouting potential prospects. But this organization has spent a crap ton on scouting. They'll surely have as many eyes on the potential top 10 guys as they can.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
@ChiHawks10

Thank you. I thought it was just me noticing. We should all be on cloud nine. I am, feels great. Come on guys. 2 days is all it takes to lose that high? This is something we can all enjoy together.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Not taking anything negatively, but with the posts you were making... it was pretty damn obvious it was gonna stir the pot... :laugh:

On to more discussions about the picks... but time for me to leave work. Gonna have to wait till later.

Didn’t mean to do that, thought you’d take it as a friendly ribbing.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I honestly wanna see everyone's top 3 guys for this historic/franchise altering pick. I was going to make a different thread about this, but no need. Kinda want to see different posters personal favorites on this one (and I'm sure to brag if one of their guys hits down the line lol) and views to why they want said guys.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Going back to the other thread's discussion about our forwards lack of responsibility 100% had a big impact on our team being a bad defensive team. There are 6 players on the ice for each team and all of them have a responsibility. Our forwards were not good at supporting our D at all. In saying this our D did not play very well either. It was a group effort.

Reactions: southernbeardown54

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I honestly wanna see everyone's top 3 guys for this historic/franchise altering pick. I was going to make a different thread about this, but no need. Kinda want to see different posters personal favorites on this one (and I'm sure to brag if one of their guys hits down the line lol) and views to why they want said guys.

I want the guy that Scout #2 thinks is just a 40 point guy.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Top three as in 3-4-5 or who everyone has after Hughes/Kakko?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Turcotte
Byram
Podkolzin

Turcotte's injury history and the reckless abandon that he plays with could certainly help the Hawks pass on him. Same with Pod and his current contract with the KHL's best organization.

Byram is the safest choice, but I trust if Kelly picks one of the others, that he doesn't feel that their issues are at all worrisome.

Reactions: clydesdale line
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad