3 Games

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Goaltending is an issue but Carey Price couldn’t save this team with our sad sack defence. It’s terrible has been terrible for years....decades even.

Agreed. They’ve struggled for years to stabilize the blue line, they’ve had glimpses of looking like they are turning it around and then the wheels come off. A lot of it is bad management and some bad moves made out of desperation but they also haven’t had any luck on the blue line.

-Klefbom looks like a mid range top pairing guy but can’t stay healthy to save his life.

- Larsson deal was a steep price but he was young, signed to a good deal, had pedigree and looked to be showing signs of progression. Comes here has a solid first year and then stagnates/declines.

- Marino refuses to sign and then looks to be an out the box middle pairing guy in pgh.

- Even their luck in the draft when it comes to defenders has been quite funny. They always seem to be just out of range on guys who become big impact defenders. Going back a few years they climbed out of the basement just enough to be out of range of premier young defenders guys like Jones, Makar, Hughes, Heskanen, Werenski. Have guys like Mccavoy and Chabot who outperformed draft position, Chabot was one who would of been in our range with the pick we traded for Reinhart lol.

Just seems like nothing can break their way ever when it comes to the blue line. Hopefully some of Bear, Jones, Bouchard, Broberg, Samourokov can pan out and become useful players and just one of them shows some sort of top pairing ability but I don’t think there’s an elite one in the bunch.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Goaltending is an issue but Carey Price couldn’t save this team with our sad sack defence. It’s terrible has been terrible for years....decades even.

That's pretty much it.. Hasek reborn wouldn't have been able to so pull off a 920 save percentage with this team in front of him.

Tsn's Travis Yost article sums it up perfectly imo.

We had some questions and some things that needed to go right for us to do some damage this year. So far the things we needed to improve haven't.. and may have even regressed further so far.

1. Goaltending needed to be at least what we got last year. Hasn't happened.
2. Five on five play needed to improve. This has regressed further so far.
3. Team needs to transport the puck out of the zone better. This has regressed further as well.

Just watching the team I feel we need to out chance the other team at least 3 to 2 in order to win. Our goalie doesn't give up any freebies per say. But he also doesn't come out very well against the other teams goalie when it comes to stopping high danger chances.

Really the best thing I can think of is it's still early. We had a fair bit of rotation in the bottom 6 and defense. Let's just hope it's ironing out the kinks because I think it's safe to say. If this is what we're getting all year. We're in a big shit load of trouble.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Miss me yet?

images
Only after the first shot of the game.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Koskinen's save percentage is .892. That's 29th in the league. His GAA is 4.04. That's 34th in the league.
I could quibble about rebounds, but given the point-blank shots he’s faced, screens in front with shots getting through, and breakaways allowed, I’d honestly say Koskinen has made the saves that you’d expect an average NHL goalie to make. His poor percentage is due, IMO, due the quality of shots he’s facing. He hasn’t stolen any games for us, be he sure as hell hasn’t been the problem either.

Reactions: GOilers88

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Very bad. How we didn’t address either is killer. Really wish we had a franchise goalie.
Yes, I'm not sure what on earth is wrong with that Holland. We should have come away with a franchise goalie, a# 1 dman, a 40 goal winger, and a top 3rd line centre this off season, AND increased our cap room to about 10 million.;)And in other news, Jesus could only keep the insolent mob away for so long before they finally got to him.

Reactions: tardigrade81

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
We should update the title of this thread after every game. And also carry it between seasons.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad