Post-Game Talk: 3/9/14: Hawks beat Sabres 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Kane really should have shot that sooner to boost his stats and make up for some of those posts shots of recent.

If he hadn't hit so many post shots lately I think he would have taken less time to get that shot off.

Anyway, not a pretty win against Buffalo but I WILL TAKE IT!

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
That game was crazy. For as "shaky" as Crawford has been the last couple games, he has a 1.00 GAA. That's solid.

Not solid? Oduya. That was an ugly game from him. Time to gain some separation from Colorado Wednesday. That is a big game with potential playoff ramifications for home-ice advantage in round one. Hope we get it done.

Nice win. Go Hawks.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
If anyone could takeover for Oduya on that 2nd pair, it'd be Leddy.

But in this case, I think if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Hammer and any capable 4-5 guy is one of the best second pairings in the league. I like Oduya and guys like him aren't as readily available as some think, but you're underselling Hammer and putting too much worth into Oduya.

Obviously Hammer is a big part of it. I never said he wasn't. But Oduya helps shut down top lines and plays on the PK. He's more reliable defensively at this point, and there's a reason he plays more than Leddy. He was also an Olympian on a deep Swedish team, and people undersell his chemistry with Hammer and value to this team.

Leddy will get his chance, and I hope he's a Hawk for a long time, but Oduya should remain the 4 for now.

You're not putting enough worth into Oduya.

Last edited:

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
Patrick Sharp amazes me. The guy looks like he's 25 yrs old, not 31. Was flying tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad