GDT: 3/8/18 - 7:30PM EDT - New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
How many PPs have we had since Glovegate?

I expect this to continue. Not because of Paquette but because we are going to get McDonagh on our roster soon. It's almost unfair. To have 2 guys who can lock things down, I expect to see an unfair number of PPs to the other team while we get minimal amount.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I wonder how many times the penalty didn't result in a power play due to offsetting calls.

Actually none, but with a sorta Caveat .

In the Dallas game Hamhuis took a penalty at 6:02 of the third. At 6:40 they got a too many men call. At 7:07 Gourde was called for tripping making it 4 on 3 instead of 5 on 3.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I like giving Koekkoek a chance, Dotchin not so much. Coburn-Sustr hasn't even been that bad, they've been a plus pair since December, it's just a +1 but not terrible. Hedman-Girardi has been the tire fire pair being heavily outshot. Wonder if they'll put Dotchin back with Hedman and get Girardi off the top pair.

Reactions: DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I'd like to see if Koekoek with Girardi works. That seems like a good pairing at the bottom and covers Dotchin when he's with Hedman if he screws the pooch. Leave Serge with Stralman at D3/D4 for tonight as we'll need someone on defense on the ice who can curse in Russian at Names if he scores.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
This is gonna be fun! Did a ticket exchange of games and paid a bit more for an upgrade. Now sitting 6 rows up from the bench. Never been this close before! :D Got a few Rangers fans close by though. :P

Reactions: RDTBay4

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
super interested in how the lightning will find a way to go into OT against a team in as bad of shape as the rangers.

gonna have to be creative

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
tenor.gif

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
url

Lightning twitter just posted this pic of Rick Bowness telling Coburn he's scratched in front of the boys.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Evening everyone....

Settling in, getting ready for some good TB Lightning hockey....taking on the team they made the big trade with.

I am still rooting for Vladi Namestnikov to do well with NY, however, NOT tonight, and I am looking for the Bolts D to keep him in line if they can.

Will be interesting to see how hard JT Miller will play against former linemates, and I am sure, he has many friends on the Blueshirts.
I expect a full on press from him...after all, players ALWAYS want to show a team that traded them that they made a mistake, right?

Same could be said of Vladi.

Go Bolts GO!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad