GDT: 3/7/16 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia

gg720

Jan 11, 2014
Nesterov was in the running. I thought he was horrible tonigjt. Who wasnt, but still...he was bad. Lol.

Never thought I would say this, but please Schuster, come back and play instead of Nesterov. He hasn't looked good in 5 or 6 games. Carle's taking him under his wing and showing him the ropes and how it is done.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Nesterov was in the running. I thought he was horrible tonigjt. Who wasnt, but still...he was bad. Lol.

Yeah he was also bad. I don't expect much from him though. At least Sustr and Coburn will get back soon. Keep Koekkoek up and bench those two.

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
Got outshot 40 - 18, that's beyond pathetic.

Yup. A well deserved loss.

All winning streaks come to an end though. Let's start another one!

(Damn I'm optimistic this early in the morning. Think I need to go back to sleep.. :) )

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm not gonna fret right now because oh my God... we've gone 20-6, something like the 2nd best record in the NHL since New Years oh what ever will we do?

But when I was flipping out over trades and writing melodramatic novels it was because I was VERY concerned about the Stamkos line. It's been A LOSS (singular) and a few games where the Stamkos line wasn't overly magnificent. That doesn't mean go break them up but if we get another performance like this tomorrow night and the games following I'm going to get more than a little worried. With that said... if the Stamkos+KFC line goes belly up again I'll go on record saying I am MORE than in favor of calling up Drouin to jump start the offense if he plays well in Syracuse. This team needs a difference maker when the Stamkos + KFC combo putters out and if all sides are willing to bury the hatchet then I absolutely believe he can be that difference maker. Stamkos+KFC have had about 2 great stretches of consistency in its entire history... the ECF and the last 2 or 3 weeks. I just hope we're not seeing the end of it right here.

In the mean time, take a cold shower, scold each other and get the bad vibes out. Get the bad game out of your system because I would rather this have happened tonight than tomorrow. Roll it off the shoulder and go back to playing like you have been.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
how do things go that wrong? I guess it's just the power of momentum. once you're getting crushed, it's too hard to push the weight off of you

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

That's a simple way to put it, well, hopefully they come out to compete tomorrow.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

That's a simple way to put it, well, hopefully they come out to compete tomorrow.

Definitely. Get the bad game out of your system. It's better we crapped the bed tonight against the Flyers than tomorrow night against the Bruins. It's nice we've had such a huge winning streak but the sad truth is we gotta get on another starting tomorrow.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The Lightning allowed 40 shots on goal AND blocked another 32 shots. That pretty much says it all.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why is Nesterov even on the roster right now? He doesn't play regularly and is waiver exempt, he needs to be in Syracuse working on his game because it's not very good.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Why is Nesterov even on the roster right now? He doesn't play regularly and is waiver exempt, he needs to be in Syracuse working on his game because it's not very good.

He started off well, but the last 20-30 games he's dropped off the face of the planet into Carle territory. Koekkoek should be getting his time.

newham89

Feb 11, 2010
Nottingham, UK
So my first ever road Lightning game was an absolute dud. Appalling effort for the entire 60 minutes.

Can't be too upset losing the first in 10, but why did it have to be the one I was at?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So my first ever road Lightning game was an absolute dud. Appalling effort for the entire 60 minutes.

Can't be too upset losing the first in 10, but why did it have to be the one I was at?

Awww man... that's a shame.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Looks like Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan has run it's course (again).

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
After a lot of time has passed and I've had a few hours to mull it over, I'm convinced Coburn and Sustr being out of the line-up made that a one off. Everyone was out of sync, passes way off etc, from the get go. We need those two back quickly.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Ive missed the doom and gloom in here.

This is why long streaks are rare: its really hard to play perfect every game. Philly is a great team, they have ****** D and questionable goaltending, but theyre perfectly capable of destroying a team 7-0.

And it doesnt help we didnt have the same kind of incentive to play balls out like Philly had. Oh well, of to Boons.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Looks like Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan has run it's course (again).

rbqP1hL.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad