GDT: 3/7/16 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Oh boy, that was one horrible effort. I watched it this morning and shut the game off right after the Flyers scored their second goal because you knew they were losing after that one. Props to Vasilevski for giving the team a chance. Great effort by him.

It's amazing how the Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan line fades away every single time. They are always hot for a few games and are then rendered completely useless.

Time to start a new streak tomorrow!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gotta wonder if we got caught looking ahead to tonight. Huge, huge game tonight. Let's hope they use last night as fuel.

DenverBoone

Oct 5, 2008
Nothing pisses me off more than Stamkos playing 5 excellent games and getting everyone all excited and then turning to crap again. So predictable and yet people buy into it every single time.

Everyone was terrible tonight but Carle managed to stand out as **** in the middle of a giant ****pile

Carle was +2. Try again...

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The only good news from last night were Vasy's performance and the possible chemistry between Johnson and Namestnikov, they 2 played like 5 minutes together over the past 2 games, looked real good and scored 2 goals.

The rest of the team, particularly Stamkos, Nesterov and Carle can go **** themselves.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The only good news from last night were Vasy's performance and the possible chemistry between Johnson and Namestnikov, they 2 played like 5 minutes together over the past 2 games, looked real good and scored 2 goals.

The rest of the team, particularly Stamkos, Nesterov and Carle can go **** themselves.

If 18-9-90 could be a thing, it would leave us with our top-scorer to help elsewhere. Not a bad thing at all.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
If 18-9-90 could be a thing, it would leave us with our top-scorer to help elsewhere. Not a bad thing at all.

The main issue remains 91 though. Look, I don't wanna **** on Stamkos but no one on this team seems capable to develop any sort of extended chemistry with him. And you know the concern is legit when Palat himself got sucked into the Stammer limbo.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The main issue remains 91 though. Look, I don't wanna **** on Stamkos but no one on this team seems capable to develop any sort of extended chemistry with him. And you know the concern is legit when Palat himself got sucked into the Stammer limbo.

I'm now inclined to believe the problem isn't chemistry so much as Stamkos's play itself. When he was good, the line was good. But he was driving the bus. Now that he's spent a few games playing poorly, the line is impotent. He has to carry the line. It can't be the other way around.

At the same time, I don't think he'd suck the life out of Kucherov's game. Kuch will just score despite him, like he did last time they were together. I also think we could put Kucherov on the left side, and do 86-91-24. That's a pretty textbook line.

...Or, dare I suggest, at some point: 27-91-86.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I'm now inclined to believe the problem isn't chemistry so much as Stamkos's play itself. When he was good, the line was good. But he was driving the bus. Now that he's spent a few games playing poorly, the line is impotent. He has to carry the line. It can't be the other way around.

At the same time, I don't think he'd suck the life out of Kucherov's game. Kuch will just score despite him, like he did last time they were together. I also think we could put Kucherov on the left side, and do 86-91-24. That's a pretty textbook line.

...Or, dare I suggest, at some point: 27-91-86.

Yeah, that's my only problem, so if Kuch scoring at a similar rate is a possibility, I'm all for trying 90 with 18-9. We need to find two consistent top 6 lines for the playoffs or this is going to be the same as last year, at best. A bunch of 7 games series to end up exhausted, tired, worn out at the most important moment.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

...Or, dare I suggest, at some point: 27-91-86

Against top pairings? no, but if they can get a solid scoring threat like 18-9-90 or 17-51-24 in front of them then they could do some real damage against weaker defenders.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'll repeat what I've said before which is that you shouldn't break up successful lines that are playing well just because Stamkos is a black hole that needs new linemates every 2-3 weeks. Let him play with Paquette and JAM for all I care at this point.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'll repeat what I've said before which is that you shouldn't break up successful lines that are playing well just because Stamkos is a black hole that needs new linemates every 2-3 weeks. Let him play with Paquette and JAM for all I care at this point.

I think Namestnikov has factored into two goals just pulling spot duty with 18-9. So they might be working as well as TKO at this point. Kuch has been the quiet one on the line so far.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think Namestnikov has factored into two goals just pulling spot duty with 18-9. So they might be working as well as TKO at this point. Kuch has been the quiet one on the line so far.

What? Kuch is on a 4 game point streak with more points than Palat over the past 5 games. Weird thing to say when all 3 of them just exploded in Carolina in the game before this one.

Anyone will get points with TKO when they're "on" like right now. Johnson has 7 in the past 4, Palat 4 in 4 and Kuch has 5 points in the last 4 games.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What? Kuch is on a 4 game point streak with more points than Palat over the past 5 games. Weird thing to say when all 3 of them just exploded in Carolina in the game before this one.

Anyone will get points with TKO when they're "on" like right now. Johnson has 7 in the past 4, Palat 4 in 4 and Kuch has 5 points in the last 4 games.

I just mean play by play. Before the Boston game, Kuch was putting up points, but his points were quieter than the other two. He wasn't looking dangerous every shift, but was still getting points.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Yeah, Kuch was not as noticeable the past handful of games... Last night on the other hand, he was all over the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad