GDT: 3/7/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Winnipeg vs Tampa Bay

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
In my opinion the PP is what's killing us. We scored lots of PP goals to start the year and that helped us win. Since then our PP has sucked = we've been losing. The PP gives the entire team confidence and when you don't score 5 on 3 for a full 2 minutes it brings the team down.

Partly because we've gone back to the PP of last year where we pass it around and wait for Stammer to set up in the corner and as happened last year, most goalies are looking for it. At the start of the season he was floating around.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Partly because we've gone back to the PP of last year where we pass it around and wait for Stammer to set up in the corner and as happened last year, most goalies are looking for it. At the start of the season he was floating around.

To think this team used to be smart enough to use Stamkos as a decoy/secondary option on the PP while having MSL and V4 blast pucks from the right side just 2 years ago. Now they just play pass it around until Stamkos gets open, and WHY IS CARLE STILL ON THE PP?

If you're going to play pass to Stamkos, at least give him decent feeds, I can't count how many times I watched Carle pass to far ahead or behind Stamkos so he can't even get a decent shot off. Even Kurtis "I make 800k/year" Foster could do this blindfolded.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
To think this team used to be smart enough to use Stamkos as a decoy/secondary option on the PP while having MSL and V4 blast pucks from the right side just 2 years ago. Now they just play pass it around until Stamkos gets open, and WHY IS CARLE STILL ON THE PP?

If you're going to play pass to Stamkos, at least give him decent feeds, I can't count how many times I watched Carle pass to far ahead or behind Stamkos so he can't even get a decent shot off. Even Kurtis "I make 800k/year" Foster could do this blindfolded.

There's 5.5 million reasons Carle is on the PP. There's only 4.5 million reasons why Purcell is.
We paid these guys big money to produce and either the coach can't see they aren't or management won't let him make a change.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
There's 5.5 million reasons Carle is on the PP. There's only 4.5 million reasons why Purcell is.
We paid these guys big money to produce and either the coach can't see they aren't or management won't let him make a change.

Teddy Purcell's production is not the problem, he's been ppg for 90% of the season.

I could care less about Carle producing, but he has alright numbers as well, problem is he ***** the bed defensively.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Teddy Purcell's production is not the problem, he's been ppg for 90% of the season.

I could care less about Carle producing, but he has alright numbers as well, problem is he ***** the bed defensively.

Stop looking at stats and start watching the games.
Purcell is getting points but you can't honestly say that he's been playing well especially for an almost PPG player.
Carle really hasn't been putting up good numbers and he constantly loses the puck at the point on the PP and ruins any good chances.
Either way both players aren't living up to their contracts.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stop looking at stats and start watching the games.
Purcell is getting points but you can't honestly say that he's been playing well especially for an almost PPG player.
Carle really hasn't been putting up good numbers and he constantly loses the puck at the point on the PP and ruins any good chances.
Either way both players aren't living up to their contracts.

Where did I say he was playing well?

Purcell is getting paid to produce

Purcell is getting points

I said his production HASN'T been a problem, it isn't, 21 points in 24 points is more than a bargain for 4.5m, his problem is his lazy plays and consistent floating. And thanks for the insight buddy, you've just repeated what I've said in every game day thread in the past 15 games about Carle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad