GDT: 3/6/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Was blessed enough to go to that Leafs game and see the save live. Sat behind a bunch of bombshells from London Ontario in custom made fan shirts and the blonde made herself a Sundin shirt. We're talking 4-5 Bonnie McMurray's AND Katy Kat's. Should have gotten her number anyway. She was still sweet after the drunk Lightning fans gave her crap

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
I am going to chalk up some furypicke magic again, Forgot the game was on but had to do some driving, tuned in as hedman started all the goals.. had it pretty loud in the car and scared the shit out of the people next to me at the red lights etc

Now do I bother to watch it ?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Kind of a nothing game and the team treated it as such. Good to see all the D getting goals, and Raddysh with a fluky one. Felt like we kind of yawned our way through.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Kind of a nothing game and the team treated it as such. Good to see all the D getting goals, and Raddysh with a fluky one. Felt like we kind of yawned our way through.
I think we're going to see a lot of these types of games until playoffs. A business-like but somewhat unmotivated approach. It's not a criticism of the team, I think it's just reality. Playoffs are virtually assured and they just want to stay healthy.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I think we're going to see a lot of these types of games until playoffs. A business-like but somewhat unmotivated approach. It's not a criticism of the team, I think it's just reality. Playoffs are virtually assured and they just want to stay healthy.
Yeah and given the stacked schedule prepare for a couple hiccups.

Reactions: Bartleby

HanTykje

Jan 8, 2022
Norway
www.instagram.com
Very good and entertaining match. Not bad for Calle Foote and Raddysh to be noticed in a match for a change. Did not see much of the top line with Point and Kucherov in this match, Hedman and Sergachev is a very good match, and McDonagh - Cernak, Rutta - Foote. Should be the D like this

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Agreed. I think they've also figured out how to "practice" playoff hockey during games. Some games feel like a glorified practice. Same was true in especially the first cup run.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Agreed. I think they've also figured out how to "practice" playoff hockey during games. Some games feel like a glorified practice. Same was true in especially the first cup run.

Agree. It doesn't hurt that, with the way the playoffs are going to set up this year, it's not like you're really playing your way into any kind of preferable matchup by winning the division or even getting the #1 seed compared to finishing #2/#3. If you win the division, you're facing Washington, or Boston/Toronto. If you finish #2/#3, you're facing one of Boston/Toronto/Florida and having to beat another one of them in the second round. Is one path any more preferable than the other? There's no 2018 Devils-type teams making the Eastern playoffs this year, in other words. And that's before getting into how we all know how good of a road team these guys have been in the playoffs over the years. I've legitimately come to prefer opening up on the road than at home because they're so good at snagging at least one of those games and sometimes even both and getting a stranglehold before coming home.

So that doesn't mean winning is meaningless, it doesn't mean it's not your aim. But if there's ever a regular season situation that enables you to experiment with lines and structure...to be able to treat some games as live scrimmages, basically...this is pretty much it.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad