GDT: 3/6/16 | Wild vs St. Louis | 7PM CST / 3:00 FIN | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Didn't think they had much of a chance in this game even before they started, glad they got back in it at the end. Kuemper should have started this game, mistake from Torch there. Otherwise, very good time for a break and they'll be well-rested for a weak upcoming schedule.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wonder if Parise has a separated shoulder? You can play with one of them, but it's hard to get any strength on a shot, and you can't lift your arm up over your shoulder, not that you need to much in hockey. They aren't quick healers.

It's impossible to win against a good team(though i wasn't impressed by STL tonight)when you spot them one, let alone three goals.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Anyone have video of the linesman literally standing in the wild bench during the play? Can't remember if it was the first or second period.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Did Torch pull Dubnyk right after the call on "good goal" was made?

I *think* that was the 2nd goal he gave up (so no), but I'm a little hazy on the details because I was actually nodding off for most of the game. I ended up just turning it off about 5 minutes into the 3rd period, when it seemed obvious they weren't gonna be able to salvage the game.

Anyway, hindsight is 20/20, but it'll go down as a mistake that Torch started Dubnyk on the second night of a back to back (with travel involved). Every goal he allowed last night should've been a routine, easy stop for him. It's a shame too, because otherwise I thought the team looked pretty good. You can nitpick about turnovers and stuff, but IMO none of the ones I saw were totally egregious, so that's kinda just how hockey works.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Left after the 2nd period because they were playing terribly. Interest level in the game was kept at a meager 0%. Good game guys :rollseyes

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
we aren't gonna win all are games but i was expecting a better showing. basically zip on 4 powerplays.

I wonder if Torch will ever pull Suter off the PP. Feels like the play always dies soon after he's involved and his aversion of passing to Dumba means the same as when we didn't have a threat on the left side at all: defenders will just overload on Parise knowing the other side is just going to be ignored.

Also, the idea of Scandella + Dumba on the point during the PP seems like it'd be a nightmare for defenders. Do you try to be up high to mitigate those missiles from the defensemen, or do you collapse down low to stop tips and Parise's stuff play? Seems to me like both are losing options.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Left after the 2nd period because they were playing terribly. Interest level in the game was kept at a meager 0%. Good game guys :rollseyes

Stayed until they scored the first goal and we dipped (that was about the 11 min mark of the 3rd). Been an exhausting weekend getting the house ready and the state tourney games that I just didn't care to watch them lose. PP looked absolutely horrible. If Parise is hurt, I'd rather they just put him on IR for 2 weeks and let him heal up for the inevitable final stretch where they'll have to go 8-0-2 to get into the playoffs.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I didn't anticipate them to go on an undefeated run to get into the playoffs, but from the clips I watched of it yesterday, this team will undoubtedly get into the first round and more than likely be a quick exit.

However, they have it in them to do strange things too, such a confusing team.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I didn't anticipate them to go on an undefeated run to get into the playoffs, but from the clips I watched of it yesterday, this team will undoubtedly get into the first round and more than likely be a quick exit.

However, they have it in them to do strange things too, such a confusing team.

I think there's a lot of room for growth in the next month. Lots of things can change in the course of a month in hockey, and this team has shown it can do great things come playoff time. Just have to make it there.

If the players pick up their respective games, Torch does all the right things, and the goalies stop beach balls, we should make it. From there? Who knows, but I don't think anyone was expecting anything big time out of this club after the slump. If we make it, moral victory. If we advance, icing on the cake. Doubtful we get any further than that with the way the rest of the conference is playing. These are some of the hardest times in hockey right now compared to years past (although it doesn't help slumping every year mid-season), and it's up to these guys to step up and get the wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad