GDT: 3/5/16 - 7:00PM EDT - Carolina VS Tampa Bay

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
'twas a good night! Boston only picked up 1 point, FLA lost and Tampa is first place ahead by 2 points with a franchise record 9 wins in a row. Feels good.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
felt sick today so was sleeping a lot and missed most of the game till finally just watched it knew the score had seen us up 2-1 and loved how we were playing up to that point thought they got a lucky goal etc.. we had to have 10-12 true scoring chances so to wake up see final 4-3 overtime i was like why did we start playing bad

so watched the game more of the same kinda domination at times def we were the more dangerous team triplets all over it stamkos had a couple so did hedman stralman callahan even the brownov line

couple lucky goals will say not happy on that flipper call they tripped us 3-4 times before that ignored high sticked us 3 times only two called and the other was blood again so the flipper call was a make up stralman hit in face fluke goal again

the third goal was legit and they had about 5 other scoring chances and skinner for sure had a couple primed

didnt like the 3-3 much gave up too much but killer was killer and we won :) solid game by bishop besides the two fluke goals imho 9 in a row wow thank you stevie for the stamkos announcement night and day from that moment

we are really playing well guess we got the thugs next philly than what boston? boston is kinda hott too playing above what I think they should lately

anyway my take we played well the triplets were awesome we really should have scored 6-7 times

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Who would have ever thought two months ago this team would pull ahead of Florida?

Yeah I figured the division race was done much like when Montreal pulled ahead last year and we could never reel them in.

Still a ways to go and it's only 2 points.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
From tonight's loss: Purcell -4, Hudler -3, Kindl -2. Not exactly what they were hoping for I bet.

Purcell Im not surprised by. He's doing what he always did for us, it seems. Just playing a flat game with no real upside. He might turn it around, but he might be a big liability come playoff time.

Hudler, however, looks way off right now. I'm surprised, given his experience and usual form. If both of those trades don't get it sorted out soon, they could allow us to get a few points on the cats.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Hudler is a minus bajillion since joining the Panthers. They might have wrecked their chemistry with all the moves.

Yeah, there is always a risk with trades, sometimes they work but sometimes things like what's happening to FLA could happen. That's why I'm glad that while we could have used some upgrades in some areas if the risk that it would ave messed with the chemestry on our team I'm glad we didn't make any moves.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i dont want to say this but im gonna of course my view is florida is montreal without price same team different area code just my two cents and now for first time this year they have legit pressure

they are very young still it will take some time to climb the ladder

without luongo they are top ten team in the draft plain and simple

i dont buy the chemistry bs if everyone has same goal and everyone is trying it all works out just is pretenders and contenders each year and pretenders are usually goalie operated

we were there for over half a season we just worked through it and now its all working cause our d is a hell of a lot better than ever before so now this team is dangerous like la dangerous etc.. can play all ways and win:) its good to see

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope Cally's isn't back to being snakebitten. That was a good try though.

The efforts for the most part have been there since the start of the season, that one almost went in, but if he keeps pushing and getting top 6 time they will continue to go in for him. It's when he does not put the effort it's a concern, and that is rare. I want him to hit 40 points, can he do 12 points in 17 games? Yeah think so. If he does, will be a decent productive season that he salvaged. Wish they counted SO goals. oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad