Injury Report: 3/5/14 Update: Steven Stamkos (broken tibia) cleared to play!!!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Sure looks like on the replay that this could be as serious as it looks; his right leg appeared to snap as it hit the post

821186597.gif

Yikes. Legs are not supposed to bend that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Stamkos out indefinitely - broken tibia

Terrible, the best player in team and a top-4 defender. ************, I'm just so mad right now.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
At first I thought broken tibia/fibula
Now as I see it more times I think it might be broken ankle, ugly one though

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I blame the moorings on the net more than I blame Hamilton. That net did not come off easy at all. Unfortunate accident.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Terrible for him. Terrible for TBL. Terrible for Team Canada.

That's a serious injury - probably out for the year. Hopefully it's just an ACL or a clean break. Worried he might have multiple injuries the way it looked.

This sucks. Nobody wants to see a talented clean player like Stamkos go down. On the bright side, my Pens got Malkin's 2nd best season the year after he tore his ACL & MCL. As long as it's not a bad fracture/shatter situation, he should come back strong next year.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
I blame the moorings on the net more than I blame Hamilton. That net did not come off easy at all. Unfortunate accident.

I agree. You rarely see a net stick to it's moorings like that anymore. Reminded me of the 80's before better technology made the moorings safer.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
That's a serious injury - probably out for the year. Hopefully it's just an ACL or a clean break. Worried he might have multiple injuries the way it looked.

This sucks. Nobody wants to see a talented clean player like Stamkos go down. On the bright side, my Pens got Malkin's 2nd best season the year after he tore his ACL & MCL. As long as it's not a bad fracture/shatter situation, he should come back strong next year.

Hard to believe he could come back stronger than he has this year. He was an absolute beast. Better than Crosby, and I'm not afraid to say it at all.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Weird coincidence that Boston was also where Stamkos got a puck to the face during game 7 of the ECF back in 2011

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Boy... thats bad. I dont even know where to go with this... Could be a month, could be a career. Terrible either way.

If there is one thing I can say, its not a question of if, its a question of when and how bad an injury happens to any player

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Hard to believe he could come back stronger than he has this year. He was an absolute beast. Better than Crosby, and I'm not afraid to say it at all.

Stamkos has been stellar so far, as is expected, the guy has probably not topped out his ceiling yet, and can be even better.

Being a Pens fan since 1980, I have a lot of experience with severe career threatening injuries. That just now looked like the kind of injury that can derail a career a bit, lets just hope its not a multi-season injury as the other poster mentioned.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Bruin fan here. I seen the Stamkos injury and really pray it isn't as bad as it looks. Being a Canadian, I followed his career since he was in juniors and right now he's probably the best player in the world and a really really nice person. I sincerely hope it's not so bad as it looked. many times we look to the worst circumstance and later realize it's not as bad. Damn, I hope this is one of those times. You guys are having a great season and I wish you all the very best of health and especially to Stevie!!

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I feel so bad for you guys. Stamkos is one of my top favorite players in the NHL. He's a great kid, and didn't deserve this. My condolences! He will be back and better than ever. GET WELL SOON STAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

66_Lemieux_66

Jul 11, 2007
Central New Jersey
Pens fan here wishing Stamkos a speedy recovery.

I know that feeling of not knowing when the best player in the league will be back in your lineup. It's such a shame as he was absolutely playing lights out this season...

Fingers crossed he can get back to the ice as soon as possible!!!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is it just me or is there a moment in that sequence where the leg/bone bends at about a 45 degree angle?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Is it just me or is there a moment in that sequence where the leg/bone bends at about a 45 degree angle?

It's not just you. That happened.

And just to keep the hits coming, Salo injured. If we are going to have any kind of sucess with Stammer out, we need Sami. We need everybody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad