Pre-Game Talk: 3/30- Bruins vs. Blue Jackets - 7pm ET - NESN, 98.5 FM

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Since the trade deadline, only 4 teams have performed worse on the Powerplay (Jets, Flyers, Predators, Blackhawks) than the Bruins (12.8%.) When taking into account shorthanded goals allowed, the Bruins are tied with the Devils with a league-worst 66.7 GF% on the Powerplay over their last thirteen games.

In that timeframe, PP success rate:
Avalanche = 38.1%
League Average = 21.7%
Bruins = 12.8%
Blackhawks = 7.5%

Long story short - I am concerned.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
The PP is a real concern, and while it might not have to become league leading, it'll have to be better than this. A game against Columbus won't prove anything either way. Get creative with that PP but most of all pick up the tempo. imo they tend to slow it down too much to try to set up too perfect plays and there's too much Pasta focus. We need to shoot more from other places and drive the net. Teams key on that great Pasta shot and we need to decoy that more and maybe use it less. Movement though, lots of movement. Try anything, but fix it before the playoffs.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I don't care if they lose 15-5 as long as the 5 they score are on the power play.
They have scored powerplay goals in 5 of the last 7 games. Have you all forgotten that?!
Last night's game was a gimme to Nashville, so everyone get over it!
This team is 57-12-5 this season, so things will be fine, just relax FFS!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Since the trade deadline, only 4 teams have performed worse on the Powerplay (Jets, Flyers, Predators, Blackhawks) than the Bruins (12.8%.) When taking into account shorthanded goals allowed, the Bruins are tied with the Devils with a league-worst 66.7 GF% on the Powerplay over their last thirteen games.

In that timeframe, PP success rate:
Avalanche = 38.1%
League Average = 21.7%
Bruins = 12.8%
Blackhawks = 7.5%

Long story short - I am concerned.

Not concerned at all. PP will be fine in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad