GDT: 3/30/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Washington vs Tampa Bay

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Missed this one, but it looks like they came to play again! Nice win, I'll have to watch the replay later.
They looked primed for the playoffs. Whether they keep it up, who knows, but this was the kind of game you wanted to see them start to stack after the win against Carolina

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
They've had a nice run, though you could argue that they may have left a few deep runs, if not Cups, on the table. Our time will come too but hopefully still several years away.
Oh they're still by all means massive chokers even if they won one Cup. To make it out of the 2nd round just once with the rosters they've had is embarrassing.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Just finished watching the game... few mins behind. Wow. The boys DO remember how to play.

Hedman and Cernak looked like they were in playoff form again. Sergachev was even better I thought. Those three finally pulled their heads out of their ass collectively and looked like themselves. All on the same page. I thought Raddysh and Perbix were good but both pinched, Raddysh especially, early on way too much. I like what Raddysh brings though.

Vasy was vasy. Finally stringing together good performances.

Gotta give it to my main man Anthony Cirelli. I rag on him cause I know HF Lightning criticism fuels his game. He was so good he carried Maroon to a multi goal game. Jeannot absolutely blasted everybody he got around. Nearly killed a man in the 1st in their end but missed. Looks like it clicked on what we want him to do. I thought the lines looked very good. Hagel, Paul and Colton has great potential. Eyssimont in over PEB preferably.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Oh they're still by all means massive chokers even if they won one Cup. To make it out of the 2nd round just once with the rosters they've had is embarrassing.
You're right, of course, but I was trying to be magnanimous as their run comes to an end.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Just finished watching the game... few mins behind. Wow. The boys DO remember how to play.

Hedman and Cernak looked like they were in playoff form again. Sergachev was even better I thought. Those three finally pulled their heads out of their ass collectively and looked like themselves. All on the same page. I thought Raddysh and Perbix were good but both pinched, Raddysh especially, early on way too much. I like what Raddysh brings though.

Vasy was vasy. Finally stringing together good performances.

Gotta give it to my main man Anthony Cirelli. I rag on him cause I know HF Lightning criticism fuels his game. He was so good he carried Maroon to a multi goal game. Jeannot absolutely blasted everybody he got around. Nearly killed a man in the 1st in their end but missed. Looks like it clicked on what we want him to do. I thought the lines looked very good. Hagel, Paul and Colton has great potential. Eyssimont in over PEB preferably.
Easy there. Yes, it was a nice win but it was a B2B for Washington and they really had nothing to play for other than pride, meanwhile we're trying to get into playoff form. The Bolts did what they had to do and that's all positive but lets not gush too much.

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
I have been extremely busy over the past week. I finally got to see the replay against the Canes and tonight's game. Good results and I hope they can continue some inspired play. I will soon be even a more "distant thunder" soon going to work in Antarctica at McMurdo Station in May. I may not get to see any playoff hockey after April 26th. I hope to be able to take some pictures of me there along with my western conference favorite team the Seattle Kraken in my authentic sweaters. I have multiple Lightning sweaters but only one player for the Kraken. One home and one away of Yanni Gourde to go along with a home Gourde sweater of the Bolts. I will always be a Bolts fan first but Seattle has a great color scheme and really great arena. It is a very affordable plane ticket and a nice city to visit with a great system of commuter-friendly options very unlike most of Florida. It costs $6 to get to the game from SeaTac airport and takes maybe 30 minutes. Go Bolts!! and Kraken when they are not playing the Bolts.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Feels like a lot of guys had their best game of the season tonight. Belly especially looked like he was 10 years younger and of course Maroon.q

I'm also glad we gave Ovechkin zero goals this season.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I have been extremely busy over the past week. I finally got to see the replay against the Canes and tonight's game. Good results and I hope they can continue some inspired play. I will soon be even a more "distant thunder" soon going to work in Antarctica at McMurdo Station in May. I may not get to see any playoff hockey after April 26th. I hope to be able to take some pictures of me there along with my western conference favorite team the Seattle Kraken in my authentic sweaters. I have multiple Lightning sweaters but only one player for the Kraken. One home and one away of Yanni Gourde to go along with a home Gourde sweater of the Bolts. I will always be a Bolts fan first but Seattle has a great color scheme and really great arena. It is a very affordable plane ticket and a nice city to visit with a great system of commuter-friendly options very unlike most of Florida. It costs $6 to get to the game from SeaTac airport and takes maybe 30 minutes. Go Bolts!! and Kraken when they are not playing the Bolts.
Just curious as to why would you not be able to watch the playoffs? McMurdo is like a little city. I can't imagine that it doesn't have internet and satellite tv? Probably even Tivo;). In any event, good luck down there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad