Post-Game Talk: 3/28/14: Hawks more of a Genesis team anyway, lose 5-3 to the Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
The worst thing about this is that this year and next are the last 2 years whre this entire core will be together, so they're blowing a golden opportunity this year.

Also, I don't buy the "wearing down" stuff., at least not to the extend where they should be going 13-11-7 over 3 months. Boston played just as deep as the Hawks last year, and they are peaking right now.

Why is the core splitting up?

SLarmer28*

Half as many Olympians as the Hawks.
Lame.

None of their core players have missed significant time.
15-5-2: you figure out the significance of that record.

But Boston has nothing to do with Chicago. I'm not denying that the Hawks haven't been playing up to their ability for a good amount of games this year. But I'm not going to whine after every loss and pretend there are issues that don't exist. Or ignore how much hockey they've played, and injuries to two important core players.
You are pretending that issues don't exist.

SLarmer28*

Why is the core splitting up?
It isn't.

At worst if the salary cap will be $68 million for the 2014-15 NHL Season, the Chicago Blackhawks can trade or waive Bryan Bickell (a phone call to Bergevin or Tallon should suffice) to alleviate any financial constraint. In addition, it seems that Stan Bowman has a contingency plan in place with the eventual signing of Swedish left winger Simon Hjalmarsson.

Furthermore, allowing Sheldon Brookbank to depart via free agency is addition by subtraction.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Ottawa fan coming in peace. Much respect to the Hawks. You guys have a great team. What's it like to have a Stanley Cup winning team and another top contender again this year? Feel good win for the Sens but really on most nights this year the Sens wouldn't be able to even hold the Hawks jockstraps. :laugh: I can only hope that one day we'll have a bonafide contender as our drafting look very promising and I think we'll be stronger next year! Good luck in the post-season Hawks, You guys are all right!!! :yo:

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Ottawa fan coming in peace. Much respect to the Hawks. You guys have a great team. What's it like to have a Stanley Cup winning team and another top contender again this year? Feel good win for the Sens but really on most nights this year the Sens wouldn't be able to even hold the Hawks jockstraps. :laugh: I can only hope that one day we'll have a bonafide contender as our drafting look very promising and I think we'll be stronger next year! Good luck in the post-season Hawks, You guys are all right!!! :yo:

WTF is it with Senators fans...

No other fanbase comes in here and tries to snuggle up to us like they do.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
In the last what...2 games including this one the hawks have looked like the damn leafs. Cruisin' to the playoff spot at its finest. Hopefully this is just a short slump. Cause c'mon guys they were supposed to turn the playoff switch on by now!!! :laugh:

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Do fans of other teams come to congratulate and compliment the Hawks on a good game if their team lost or is it just when they won?

Also apparently the sky is falling. :scared:

SLarmer28*

So tell me what you're arguing.
Typical retort in this thread:

None of their core players have missed significant time.

The Chicago Blackhawks missed not only Marian Hossa at the start of the 2009-10 NHL Season but also Adam Burish, yet started the 2009-10 NHL Season 15-5-2. Missing "core players" is a god damn lame excuse when the coaching staff has previously shown to adapt.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
It's amazing that you don't the relevance of that statistic unless you are a Johnny Come Lately Fair Weather Fan.

Definitely man. I just started watching the Hawks last year. So now I'm extremely spoiled and expect them to win every game. And when they don't, I come on here and constantly whine about it.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Typical retort in this thread:

The Chicago Blackhawks missed not only Marian Hossa at the start of the 2009-10 NHL Season but also Adam Burish, yet started the 2009-10 NHL Season 15-5-2. Missing "core players" is a god damn lame excuse when the coaching staff has previously shown to adapt.

It's not a lame excuse. We saw how much better the team played when Hoss returned this season. Now their most important offensive player is hurt.

And it's hilarious that you included Burish.

SLarmer28*

Definitely man. I just started watching the Hawks last year. So now I'm extremely spoiled and expect them to win every game. And when they don't, I come on here and constantly whine about it.
Marian Hossa alone missed 25 regular season games during the 2009-10 NHL Season and the Chicago Blackhawks finished with 3rd best regular season record.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Marian Hossa alone missed 25 regular season games during the 2009-10 NHL Season and the Chicago Blackhawks finished with 3rd best regular season record.

I understand that. But the original argument was about Boston and Chicago's recent play this season.

You bringing up a stat from over 4 years ago is irrelevant. Two of the Hawks' core players have recently been injured. None of Boston's have. The point still stands.

SLarmer28*

You're comparing a small sample size between today's team and a team from four and a half years ago.
Marian Hossa missed 25 regular season games during the 2009-10 NHL Season, yet the Chicago Blackhawks finished with 3rd best regular season record.

Dave Bolland missed 43 regular season games during the 2009-10 NHL Season, yet the Chicago Blackhawks finished with 3rd best regular season record.

Brian Campbell missed 14 regular season games during the 2009-10 NHL Season, which is more than Keith, Seabrook, Oduya, Hjalmarsson, Leddy combined this season, yet the Chicago Blackhawks finished with 3rd best regular season record.

The injury excuses have become completely intolerable for what is nothing more than a failure of the coaching staff to adapt. Ditto the Olympic excuse, since 2010 was also a Winter Olympic year.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLarmer28*

I understand that. But the original argument was about Boston and Chicago's recent play this season.

You bringing up a stat from over 4 years ago is irrelevant. Two of the Hawks' core players have recently been injured. None of Boston's have. The point still stands.
Your argument is pointless and the 2009-10 Chicago Blackhawks weathered far greater obstacles in not only achieving the 3rd best regular season record during the 2009-10 NHL season but also winning the Stanley Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad