Post-Game Talk: 3/28/14: Hawks more of a Genesis team anyway, lose 5-3 to the Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Once again, I think some middle ground needs to be found here.

This is probably the worst back-to-back stretch of games I could think of all year. Of 120 minutes of hockey, there were probably 40 or so minutes that were actually a good effort and what we're accustomed to seeing. That said, it's been a bad couple of games.

By my count, they're 7-8-1 since returning from the Olympic break. Mediocre? Unsatisfactory for this club? Yes. Absolutely. Grounds for panic or folding up the tent and writing this team off automatically as a first-round bounce? Hardly, at least not in my world. Reason to be somewhat concerned and have some reservations? Maybe.

There have been some downs, but there's also been some ups, namely dominating performances against better teams like Pittsburgh and St. Louis. Just before the Olympics they won consecutive games against LA and Anaheim, and shortly before that took 5 out of 6 points on the road against LA, Anaheim, and San Jose. Sprinkle in some injuries, and whether people want to admit it or not, some coasting/boredom/biding time until the playoffs start, and you have a very average, mediocre, semi-concerning stretch of 7-8-1 hockey. I know fans don't wanna hear that their athletes aren't giving it their all for 60 minutes every game, but truth be told, that's just simply what we're seeing right now as much as anything. Do I like it? No. I don't. But I also understand it, and I understand that this is a veteran team who has been through this numerous years and a coach who I feel has the best grasp on the pulse of his team at this point, despite what many of us may or may not perceive.

If this was a team that hadn't done it before, I'd be A LOT more concerned than I am, but we've sorta seen this movie before. They very well may get bounced in the first round, but I still don't feel the team we're seeing right now is the one we're going to see come playoff time. My concern level is "meh". I'm not happy, but I also know the rut and psyche this team is in right now and understand it to a point. Just my take on it all.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
FACEPALM at most of this thread.

Teams have slumps, simple as that. I've never seen a fan base give up up on a team one game then the next praising them as the best thing since sliced bread. We have 2 cups in 4 years. The team is still stacked and will be for years to come. It's fine to discuss the **** plays, the crap goals allowed in etc. But what's with this "they're going out first round no matter what"? Why would you want that or think that? The team has proved throughout the year they are capable of going all the way. Sure they've **** the bed on a few occasions but they've also made other teams look like fools. I know I'm rooting for them to win a 3rd cup in 5 years this year. They have just as much chance as any other team as far as I'm concerned.

Who's giving up? let me guess when we get out in the first round you are going to be the first to say "ooooh weeel... we cant win every year", this is the difference between you and the real die hard fan, we want our team to win every year no matter how unrealistic it may seem, we are just passionate and anyone who is not critical of the team at times when they are failing is not as passionate, especially in weeks leading up to the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad