GDT: 3/27/14 - 7:30PM EDT - New York Islanders VS Tampa Bay

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Was Stammer's goal legal? There's no way that puck was going forward the whole time. I think we got a break there.

Cooper, take note: All D-men on the shootout from now on :laugh:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I'm surprised my heart didn't stop during that. Huge win but it really shouldn't have dragged on that long. Oh well, two points is two points.

I don't think I'll be able to sleep in a couple of hours. So much adrenaline. :laugh:

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Cool, thanks guys. Couldn't remember if that constituted forward motion or not. I remember it was a topic of debate at some point.

Anyway, the goals by Carle, Salo, and Kostka were sweeeeet.

Let's keep this gravy train rolling, boys!

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
That was a pretty epic regular season game:handclap:
Tough game for the Isles, they played 10 rookies.
I cant believe that shootout either. Every time the Lightning scored I said "ok, that has to be it now" lol. Still not a fan of the league allowing the spin move in the shootout.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Cooper and the team have a lot of work ahead of them. Tonight's performance was unacceptable. This shouldn't have been a close game let alone a game that needs 13 rounds of SO to be decided.

The only bright spot: HEART AND SOUL PLAYER RYAN CALLAHAN.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That was a pretty epic regular season game:handclap:
Tough game for the Isles, they played 10 rookies.
I cant believe that shootout either. Every time the Lightning scored I said "ok, that has to be it now" lol. Still not a fan of the league allowing the spin move in the shootout.

Welcome to our world.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cooper and the team have a lot of work ahead of them. Tonight's performance was unacceptable. This shouldn't have been a close game let alone a game that needs 13 rounds of SO to be decided.

This was probably his best game since joining Tampa Bay. You saw his offense and defense abilities in one game, and the Rangers can go to hell now for letting him go.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
This was probably his best game since joining Tampa Bay. You saw his offense and defense abilities in one game, and the Rangers can go to hell now for letting him go.

With each passing game I love him more and more. When the trade happened I was against getting him and wanted him to be shipped for a defenseman the instant we got him. Boy was I wrong. Since he's been here I think there's one game where we haven't got points and it was his first game. He hasn't been the only reason but it sure looks good on him.

Also, he has five more points than St. Louis in one fewer game. I don't hate Marty but that stat brings a smile on my face.

Last edited:

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Sign Callahan...sign him now..sign him immediately...SIGN HIIIIIMMMMM...make it happen Steve F'ing Yzerman!!!!

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I like that Cooper put Palat on first line with Stammer in 3rd period...now if you can get Purcell off the first line and put him on the fourth line that would be great. Palat/Stammer/Kucherov - make it happen Coop!!

Oh and Purcel has to be the weakest player I've ever seen. Cannot win any battles on the boards, is afraid of contact, will not standup for his teammates, is the opposite of quick - don't know what that is but he is the most opposite of quick I've ever seen...he is a huge misfit on this team.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

Absolutely this. Crap game by the Bolts. They have to be more consistent if they hope to do anything in the playoffs.

Gotta do something with Stamkos's line. Him playing with people who shouldn't be up there is wasting his TOI.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Absolutely this. Crap game by the Bolts. They have to be more consistent if they hope to do anything in the playoffs.

Gotta do something with Stamkos's line. Him playing with people who shouldn't be up there is wasting his TOI.

I think using Palat on that line will help. Now we just need to send telepathic messages to Cooper to get Purcell off it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad