GDT: 3/26/22 - 12:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Our top players have all gone cold at the same time. I think they get used to being able to score almost at will (but take 3/4 of the game off), but games get tougher this time of year and we're asleep at the wheel.

This game should have been one where we pop a couple of goals early and take the rest of the game off. That's the TB way, and we've been doing it kind of in reverse -- giving up an early goal or two and then trying to turn it on late. Not a good recipe for winning hockey games.

Reactions: DrMartinVanNostrand

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
I know McDonagh is out indefinitely, but I’ve also heard it was only a few weeks and wasn’t that bad, which is it?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
TB prospects Guttman and Webster play Minn-Duluth on ESPN U at 4 pm in the NCAA tournament, for anyone interested. Winner goes to the Frozen Four.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
The skill guys need to watch this. Too much complacency on this team waiting on somebody else. Compare to last 5 mins of this game where they were hard charging.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I know McDonagh is out indefinitely, but I’ve also heard it was only a few weeks and wasn’t that bad, which is it?

Playoffs begin at the start of May. As long as he makes it back by then, it's not the end of the world. If this were a slightly more normal schedule where the playoffs usually begin in mid-April, we'd have a problem on our hands.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Happy for Willman to get on the board
I thought it was very strange they went with Cirelli in OT over Hedman. If you want 4 forwards, why not Killorn? And why take away Hedman who has been very good on the pp? Glad it worked out in the end, but Cirelli hasn’t exactly been putting the puck in the net this year.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I thought it was very strange they went with Cirelli in OT over Hedman. If you want 4 forwards, why not Killorn? And why take away Hedman who has been very good on the pp? Glad it worked out in the end, but Cirelli hasn’t exactly been putting the puck in the net this year
Maybe Coop was trying to reward him (he had a stinging shot block, got in faces etc) or it was an attempt to get him going. The obvious choice would have been Hedman or Sergachev though so I’m just guessing.

AlmostThere242

Nov 16, 2014
He's tough, he played with a broken hand last year if I remember correctly

I think he might miss 1 game at worst in the 1st JMO

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It wasn't amazing but you gotta start somewhere. Special teams won this after costing us previous games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad