GDT: 3/26/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Arizona vs Tampa Bay

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
We've got to stop losing our minds over this. Does anyone here seriously think the Lightning locker room is anything like this forum right now?

27168542878_ab2d44f827_o.gif

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
That's what I'm thinking. I'm at the point where I'm not worried anymore about this. DFC called it, we're reaching uncharted levels of not give a **** right now. I'm gonna say it right now that you don't win 50 games by accident, score the most goals by accident and have potential Norris, Vezina, Hart/Ross candidates.

Coop said when we were down 3-0 against the Leafs you'd have thought we were winning and "How nice would it be to beat these guys?" was the talk. If that doesn't say they're already checked out then I don't know what does.
Yeah, I honestly think that they don't give two shits about the presidents trophy or personal awards. I think all they want is to get to the playoffs and win it all. This game has been a perfect example of "lets play to not get hurt". I think we saw an example of that on the play that hurt Erne.

Reactions: Fabiobest

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
That's what I'm thinking. I'm at the point where I'm not worried anymore about this. DFC called it, we're reaching uncharted levels of not give a **** right now. I'm gonna say it right now that you don't win 50 games by accident, score the most goals by accident and have potential Norris, Vezina, Hart/Ross candidates.

Coop said when we were down 3-0 against the Leafs you'd have thought we were winning and "How nice would it be to beat these guys?" was the talk. If that doesn't say they're already checked out then I don't know what does.
I'm not buying it. Nobody wants to go into playoffs playing like this. No way.

Reactions: rangerrat

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
Nothing wrong with Tampa. The goal of a regular season is to make a play-off. It is done. This season is over. Don't watch games until the start of play-off. Cause nothing is gonna change until then.
. Another switch believer??? LoL

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
Look at Buffalo giving the Leafs some of the Coyote treatment. Nice. Still, the Leafs have a couple on the board and have put up 37 shots so far. Looking pretty damn good compared to TB.
unlike Tampa , Leafs locked in third spot , nothing to play for, Tampa should be trying for 1 st place no????

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm not buying it. Nobody wants to go into playoffs playing like this. No way.

I don't think we WANT to play this way. I think what we want is to not get hurt. Our injury history has been the stuff of curses these last 3 years.

Are you honestly gonna be surprised if we come roaring and win 5-2? I sure as hell won't be

Reactions: Master P

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
I don't think we WANT to play this way. I think what we want is to not get hurt. Our injury history has been the stuff of curses these last 3 years.

Are you honestly gonna be surprised if we come roaring and win 5-2? I sure as hell won't be
It isn't the point. These games are about preparation and poor effort and bad habits are hard to break.

Wouldn't you at least want to prove to yourself that you can go a game without giving up a PP goal?

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
You guys need to re-watch a playoff game to remember how fast the pace is. We're not going to play like this in this playoffs, we're coasting right now. These guys know what level they'll need to be at when the time comes. They'll flip the switch.

Yes, but you would think there would be some preference to face the Devils or Panthers rather than the Maple Leafs. Do these guys believe they can beat anyone they face in any round? Yeah, of course they do; have to have that confidence and conviction as a professional athlete, but the apparent lack of interest these guys have in trying to win the divsion and have home-ice for as many rounds as possible is pretty jarring. You play 82 games to try and get yourself the best matchups and home ice situations possible; giving up the effort after 75 games isn't good enough.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
We've seen it in the past so why wouldn't people believe in them doing it again?

You guys might remember in 2015 where the Lightning didn't have a losing streak of three games or more literally the entire season (...until the final three games of the playoffs...), so that team was a hallmark of consistency from start to finish. This team is, and has been for some time now, sputtering to the finish and looking awful. I remember feeling confident in 2015 that they could make a run to the Final (that is not revisionist history). This team? I've lost all confidence in that. There's clearly 1-3 teams that would be favored to beat them in the East and there's little we could do to say it isn't merited.

Reactions: T REX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad