GDT: 3/25/23 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Too little, too late. Aside from early penalty trouble, Bolts had a decent chance at winning.

Dicking around on the 5-on-3 , and passing up numerous shooting opportunities really did them in. Just so many wasteful, low percentage plays instead of just putting it on net.

Ullmark easily saved a goal or two as well.

Reactions: Renopucker

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Missed the game(John Wick 4 seemed like the much better option). Another L eh? Not surprised considering the opponent. At least it seems like Vasy and the defense played decent for a change, but in the end, another 0 points and 4 straight losses. 4-5-1 last 10, and an absolutely pathetic 7-10-3 last 20.

Reactions: TheFurryPickle

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
I’m in SOCAL and couldn’t watch the game but the highlights showed 86 with a ringer and another point blank—along with several other point blankers by others. The fact that Maroon tuned up Hathaway was a big highlight. But, its four L’s in a row, so nothing to celebrate.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Who cares, these games are meaningless. We are built to win in the postseason

Some of you just need a few more cycles of Orwellian-esque conditioning to understand that
Proof that the regular season is too long though? I mean the fan experience isn’t the greatest the past few weeks and if (!) the team is just in cruise control what’s the point for casual fans or tourists to go to a game 74 and watch uninspired sloppy hockey?

Reactions: Rschmitz

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Proof that the regular season is too long though? I mean the fan experience isn’t the greatest the past few weeks and if (!) the team is just in cruise control what’s the point for casual fans or tourists to go to a game 74 and watch uninspired sloppy hockey?
I'd have zero issues if we dropped the regular season to like 60 games right now. In fact you could go to 62 games and get every team to play each other exactly once, one at home and one on the road.

People will say "why on earth would you want less hockey". I don't want less hockey, I want better quality hockey.

Most importantly it would make playoffs better quality because half the players aren't dead by the end of round 1.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I'd have zero issues if we dropped the regular season to like 60 games right now. In fact you could go to 62 games and get every team to play each other exactly once, one at home and one on the road.

People will say "why on earth would you want less hockey". I don't want less hockey, I want better quality hockey.

Most importantly it would make playoffs better quality because half the players aren't dead by the end of round 1.
What an L take from an L member of the forums. Gosh.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

I think there is some truth to that, but I also think there are enough teams who are taking these games seriously that they don't want to change anything. Just like the fans of teams like Arizona have to suffer cellar dwelling, and the NHL is ok with that to provide games for the better teams, we have to suffer I guess.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
A shorter season is probably out of the question, but the post-deadline lull is still going to be there with any decently long schedule.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Who cares, these games are meaningless. We are built to win in the postseason

Some of you just need a few more cycles of Orwellian-esque conditioning to understand that
Most of the games are meaningless overall, but I think this one was a measuring stick and we looked like we wanted to prove something, at least to ourselves. There's good and bad to it, IMO. On the good side, we didn't get outclassed, and looked like we would have a hell of a series vs. Boston. On the bad side, I think a lot of our struggles are more than just motivation issues, and we lost yet again.

Overall I feel kind of positive about this one because we at least showed that some of the poor performances really are a motivation thing. We've shown up for pretty much every game against Boston, and we showed up against Vegas a few weeks ago, and in all three Devils games. I mean, I think it was delusional to believe we were cup favorites coming into the season, so all we can really look for is signs that we are "in the mix." We're getting those signs, but they're few and far between. Hard to feel good about our chances vs. the Leafs, IMO, but we're still on that top tier with them, Boston, NJ, etc.

Reactions: Maelmoor

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Most of the games are meaningless overall, but I think this one was a measuring stick and we looked like we wanted to prove something, at least to ourselves. There's good and bad to it, IMO. On the good side, we didn't get outclassed, and looked like we would have a hell of a series vs. Boston. On the bad side, I think a lot of our struggles are more than just motivation issues, and we lost yet again.

Overall I feel kind of positive about this one because we at least showed that some of the poor performances really are a motivation thing. We've shown up for pretty much every game against Boston, and we showed up against Vegas a few weeks ago, and in all three Devils games. I mean, I think it was delusional to believe we were cup favorites coming into the season, so all we can really look for is signs that we are "in the mix." We're getting those signs, but they're few and far between. Hard to feel good about our chances vs. the Leafs, IMO, but we're still on that top tier with them, Boston, NJ, etc.
My comment was meant to be tongue in cheek with the reference to Orwell. I agree with you

Reactions: DFC

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009

I couldn't agree with you more. Healthier players, less banged up and ready to withstand the postseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad