GDT: 3/25/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
What the Ducks did for the first minute was terrible to watch but funny at the same time
Actually i think it's a strategy, play takeaway with 97 and 29 on the ice as long as you can. Teams do the same with Mathews and Nylander in OT.

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
you got to hand it to Anaheim. They do what it takes to win, even if it means doing weird things like those antics in their own zone. But really, what would be the point of trying some gamble on the ice that would inevitably result in a McDavid breakaway? They sort of did that the only way they could

Reactions: TheMule93

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Actually i think it's a strategy, play takeaway with 97 and 29 on the ice as long as you can. Teams do the same with Mathews and Nylander in OT.

If I was Oilers coach I would pull McDavid off the ice after 30 seconds then put him back on the ice around 1 minute

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It’s pretty amazing how mentally tough the Oilers we’re giving up lead after lead.

Really impressive stuff. They could be the most mentally tough team in the league.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
you got to hand it to Anaheim. They do what it takes to win, even if it means doing weird things like those antics in their own zone. But really, what would be the point of trying some gamble on the ice that would inevitably result in a McDavid breakaway? They sort of did that they only way they could
i was laughing the whole time. Even Getzlaf was circling around in his own end. They started Kessler with Getzlaf in the OT and right off the bat, i was like, wth is Carlyle trying to do bc usually Getzlaf comes out to OT with Rakell and Perry. So I guess they really planned it out with the whole wait till 97 changes schtick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad