GDT: 3/23/19 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ St. Louis

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
The first period sucked but they tried damn hard to come back. I'm betting they'll be fired up for the next one

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
Offsides [MOD] should be taken out of the sport. Being off side by a half an inch has no bearing on the play at all. Same crap that cost us the first goal and momentum in the game 7 of the Pittsburgh series. I’m pissed, I wanted the win record and at least a point and that lame ass rule cost us potentially both. Probably going to lose in Boston Monday so they needed that one. A shame two minutes of bad play cost them a game in which they otherwise badly outplayed the opposition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Cooper putting Palat out there is just as dumb as when he did that with Morrow.
Yep. We lost one in the first, but we forfeited a chance at evening it up by going with Palat on the last PP and with the EN. Pretty annoying.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't know how to walk away from that game anything but more confident. We made a bunch of mistakes early and they wound up in the back of our net. Then despite every bad bounce and stick-stuck-in-the-boards possible, we made it close, and kinda sorta tied it, although the play was clearly offside.

Yeah, we lost. But Jesus. The push they made in the 2nd and 3rd should scare any team in the league.

Oh. And that Callahan dive in the 1st? That was The Full Callahan (10/10 Callahans).

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Palat better not be on the 1PP when the playoffs start.

I really wish we had given Cirelli a longer look there. Probably too late for him to get comfortable in that spot now, but it seems like whether we use Miller or Palat, the role is tailor made for a guy like Cirelli.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I really wish we had given Cirelli a longer look there. Probably too late for him to get comfortable in that spot now, but it seems like whether we use Miller or Palat, the role is tailor made for a guy like Cirelli.
I liked seeing him out there with the empty net. Can’t remember who we usually use since our empty net situations have been so sparse though.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

I don't think they'd do that with Cirelli being so vital on the #1 PK unit, which is a shame, because I definitely see the same thing. Best puck retrieval guy we've got.

There was more good than bad last night, but I feel like we continue to get exposed on our backend. Rutta and Sergachev, less so Rutta because he'll eventually be a scratch, but Sergachev has had a bad week and a half paired with Heddy after showing some initial promise.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
This was a game Gourde would have been perfect for. Shame we lost but both teams played their asses off.

The puck was bouncing like crazy and killed tons of zone time for us... just how to goes.

The bright spot was the effort they put in...they really wanted it and that's a good sign considering they don't have much to play for.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad