PqihAEW.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Good Morning from Boston - Here is our GDT

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2206505

I have a soft spot for the Lightning as I worked for WFNS in the early 90's when Phil and Tony Esposito made the team a reality. Heck I even got stiffed by the 'Duke of Manchester' at a sports bar in Largo :help: paying his tab.

I still think in the end the the Lightning were better off with the absentee warlord from Japan than Karmanos getting the franchise.

I don't think the Lightning can make the playoffs, the home loss to Arizona seems like the dagger but the Lightning can really hurt the Bruins tonight.

You have a good owner who wanted the to buy the Bruins from Jeremy Jacobs but was told the Bruins will never be sold while he is alive but perhaps you can help the NHL by looking at Tampa Bay.

Amalie Arena has become one of the great venues in the NHL and a solid fanbase. Injuries have crushed your team this season but your future appears bright.

Last edited:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
The playoffs are pretty much unreachable at this point however it doesn't mean that they can't give up, I want to keep seeing the young guys improve and be useful next season and I want Yzerman to really look into who to keep next season.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Sounds like Budaj might be starting which I'm all for, if they do decided to keep him for next year then giving him as much time as possible to play behind this 'd' when the games doesn't matter will help him.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sounds like Budaj might be starting which I'm all for, if they do decided to keep him for next year then giving him as much time as possible to play behind this 'd' when the games doesn't matter will help him.

Probably is a good idea. Shake things up a little and go with someone with better numbers against Boston. Flanders to the rescue!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
sounds like budaj might be starting which i'm all for, if they do decided to keep him for next year then giving him as much time as possible to play behind this 'd' when the games doesn't matter will help him.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It's good that we're going with Budaj today and Vasy tomorrow. Don't want to lose to the Red Wings.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Good Morning from Boston - Here is our GDT

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2206505

I have a soft spot for the Lightning as I worked for WFNS in the early 90's when Phil and Tony Esposito made the team a reality. Heck I even got stiffed by the 'Duke of Manchester' at a sports bar in Largo :help: paying his tab.

I still think in the end the the Lightning were better off with the absentee warlord from Japan than Karmanos getting the franchise.

I don't think the Lightning can make the playoffs, the home loss to Arizona seems like the dagger but the Lightning can really hurt the Bruins tonight.

You have a good owner who wanted the to buy the Bruins from Jeremy Jacobs but was told the Bruins will never be sold while he is alive but perhaps you can help the NHL by looking at Tampa Bay.
Amalie Arena has become one of the great venues in the NHL and a solid fanbase. Injuries have crushed your team this season but your future appears bright.

Thanks Fenway. Totally agree on the PK part :naughty:

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel like this isn't a great sign for the coaching staff's confidence level in Vasy.

Yeah, you would give your #1 the start tonight, and then let Budaj take on Detroit. This can't be good for Vasy's confidence. Although like I said might be the right decision to get a win tonight. If they lose, the Fire Coop posts will be in full force tonight, while Vasy still sits with a strain on his confidence.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, you would give your #1 the start tonight, and then let Budaj take on Detroit. This can't be good for Vasy's confidence. Although like I said might be the right decision to get a win tonight. If they lose, the Fire Coop posts will be in full force tonight, while Vasy still sits with a strain on his confidence.

Vasi's had poor outings lately and the season already done, not sure why you think this would be ammo against Cooper. You do know that he's given up 12 goals in his last 3 starts right? If anything sitting helps him right now.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Vasi's had poor outings lately and the season already done, not sure why you think this would be ammo against Cooper. You do know that he's given up 12 goals in his last 3 starts right? If anything sitting helps him right now.

Because it's HF anything is possible. Lol. I think it is the right decision Win or lose.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thanks Fenway. Totally agree on the PK part :naughty:

I was there the night NHL hockey was born in Tampa Bay when the Kings and Penguins played at the Suncoast Dome in 1990 and there were over 25,000 fans in the place. Phil and Tony promoted that game and yet the City of St. Pete decided to back Karmanos for the expansion team. The Lightning would wind up at the cattle barn in East Tampa their first season.

I didn't think the arena being in downtown Tampa was the right choice but I was proven wrong and honestly the Rays need their new stadium there as well but I fear they will ultimately wind up in Montreal.

She is a footnote in Tampa Bay history now but nobody fought harder for the Lightning in their embryonic years than Nancy Donnellan as compared to the late Tom McEwen at the Tampa Tribune who wanted no part of the NHL. WFNS even picked up Bruins radio for a couple of years to help plant the seed.

The late Chris Thomas also worked hard to get the NHL to come to Tampa and the night the Lightning were born he closed his radio show on WFLA not with Kate Smith singing God Bless America as he always did but with Ginette Reno singing O Canada because he wanted a Canadian fat lady.

I sitting in Madeira Beach provided the track he used that night :laugh:

Steve Duemig also was a tireless supporter for hockey in Tampa Bay and I am praying for him in his fight.

I might have stayed involved with the Lightning but I just could not deal with summer in Florida.

Hoping for a good game tonight. :handclap:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

People just aren't getting it. The way the team is playing now has no effect on why I want to fire Coop. Riddled with injuries and getting spotty goaltending - no big deal. It sucks but these are games we should expect to lose.

Cooper needs to be fired because of October - January, not February - March.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
People just aren't getting it. The way the team is playing now has no effect on why I want to fire Coop. Riddled with injuries and getting spotty goaltending - no big deal. It sucks but these are games we should expect to lose.

Cooper needs to be fired because of October - January, not February - March.

Exactly, stated it in like 3 different threads already.

Yet people still think it's irrational Cooper hate that sprung out of nowhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad