GDT: 3/23/14 - Wild @ Red Wings - 6:30 PM CDT - 1:30 AM Suomi - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I think Bryz will be fine. Keep in mind he was inactive for a generous portion of the year and then when he was signed it was with the Oilers, and you heard his comments about how our practices are a lot faster.

I think he'll be fine by the time the playoffs come.

I'm more worried about Kuemper. He's showing some major cracks in his armor lately.

eme

Oct 22, 2006
Helsinki
As with many new goaltenders who start off great, Kuemper is just probably getting figured out. Although I havent been able to watch all of Kuempers recent games, but I suspect that's what is going on. Question is, who do you rely on as the starter come playoffs. Do you rely on Kuemper, still somewhat unproven goaltender in the NHL, being able to improve on his weaknesses, or do you go with the more experienced, if historically somewhat inconsistent Bryzgalov.

Great win, If it werent for Howards great saves, wild could have won the game more comfortably. And I'm so Happy Granlund is doing well, after last season there were so many doubters in Finland.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
This was definitely a game where the Wild got what they deserved. They played well but couldn't cash in on their good chances early. Then the Wings capitalized on key breakdowns. But the Wild took advantage of Detroit's lull in the third and scored a couple quick ones.

My two big takeaways from the game:

1. I don't like Moulson and Koivu together. They are both too slow to be effective.

2. Bryzgalov needs to play as little as possible for this team to succeed. He is not providing timely stops and his rebound control is not good.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Kuemper has performed nearly identical(actually better) to Bryz the past ~5 games, except he doesn't completely lose where the puck is like Bryz does.

Last edited:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I think Bryz will be fine. Keep in mind he was inactive for a generous portion of the year and then when he was signed it was with the Oilers, and you heard his comments about how our practices are a lot faster.

I think he'll be fine by the time the playoffs come.

I'm more worried about Kuemper. He's showing some major cracks in his armor lately.

What wild rookie hasn't this season..

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Moulson doesn't play a flashy game, but he produces points. If he keeps making plays like that, I'll want him re-signed.

That is his game right there, what he did last night. You said it, he's not flashy, he doesn't remotely have a sexy game, he just finds a way to get goals. He's sort of like Parise in this way. On the two top lines we have two guys in Parise and Moulson who find a way to get goals, most of the time it's not very pretty but they both have a nose for that opposing net, they figure out how to get the puck in that net.

I am already convinced if we can re-sign Moulson, we do it. He's already proven what he can do and he'd be a great addition to this team long term. Getting a guy who knows how to put the puck in the net is priceless. Sign him up!

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Did anyone else notice how Parise loses the puck and goes in Pominvilles way when DET attack.. ? He single handedly destroy our smallest changce to play D.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
2. Bryzgalov needs to play as little as possible for this team to succeed. He is not providing timely stops and his rebound control is not good.

Even Russo pointed out a few times last night how weak Bryz is on his blocker side.

He's not doing terrible, but he definitely needs to sharpen up his game in the next couple weeks.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Problem is the team doesn't have enough goal scoring to have just average goaltending. They are only in the hunt because Harding was the best goalie in the league for the first two months and Kuemper stood on his head January and February.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Problem is the team doesn't have enough goal scoring to have just average goaltending. They are only in the hunt because Harding was the best goalie in the league for the first two months and Kuemper stood on his head January and February.

That's so true and look where we're at now... poor Harding might never play again for all we know and Kuemper has come back down to earth. Our goaltending is a huge concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad